Wild Roomies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wild Roomies Reviews

January 28, 2012
Boring, so so boring. And so predictable.
March 23, 2011
Too much talky, not enough booby.
January 20, 2010
Boring, so so boring. And so predictable.
½ January 25, 2009
what a long boring movie. decent ending, but overall just ehhh.
½ October 18, 2008
Pretty funny, sometimes, see it if have time...
May 23, 2008
Helt meningslös film, om det var en komedi så fann det inte 1 enda kul inslag...
Kass Värdelös
½ March 8, 2008
This movie was ok. It wasn't all that great.
½ February 8, 2008
this is one of the worst films i have ever seen.
½ November 17, 2007
Actually never saw the whole thing. Fell asleep everytime I tried watching it. BORING.
November 12, 2007
This movie was not nearly as funny as the box made me think it would be. the biggest reason being the fact that it did not have nearly enough sex or sexual situations.
October 9, 2007
Really stupid and predictable.
½ September 13, 2007
i the 88 minutes of my life back that i spent watching this crap. the movie is so boring and the plot pretty much goes nowhere
July 30, 2007
Not what you would expect from this title. Ended up not bein bad.
October 28, 2006
[color=#d1d168][font=Tahoma]Its 4:00a in the morning and I just finished watching Wild Roomies. I couldn't sleep 2 hours ago, and now, I still can't. This movie put a ~bad~ taste in my mouth from the start, but yet, I found myself glued to the screen, unable to look away. Is it the quality of the movie? Is it the insomnia? Or is it just the shameless play on jealous emotions that this flick endeavors to stir up? Hmmm... probably the bad cheese...[/font][/color]

[color=#d1d168][font=Tahoma] [/font][/color]

[color=#d1d168][font=Tahoma]It starts off gut-wrenching. Reno, the main character, finds his girlfriend cheating on him with his roommate. Bad emotions. He then moves on, finds a new girl, inherits a house, and goes back on his word by taking in roommates to help pay the bills. The first is Chad, who is every monogamy-loving, dosile-yet-happy, good boy's worst nightmare. He's irresponsible, cocky, athletic, flighty, handsome, and soooo much cooler than you. Reno's new girlfriend, Holly, (who btw is Holly in real life, too), picks him out, and gets WAY too excited about having him come aboard. (Warning bell #1). After that scene with her jumping up and down about him moving in, I knew what was coming...[/font][/color]

[color=#d1d168][font=Tahoma] [/font][/color]

[color=#d1d168][font=Tahoma]But then it never came. Reno gets revenge by having a promiscuous, party-animal, girls-gone-wild blonde move in, which ticks off Holly, but a weird kind of balance ensues after that. Because the new blonde, Nicole, is constantly flirting with Reno, (very overtly), and Chad is constantly flirting with Holly, (very covertly), but Chad and Nicole dislike each other, nothing ever happens. They have group meetings once a week, that turn into shouting matches, and because they're all living so close together they see the bad side of each other all the time, and noone ever goes too far. Even Holly and Reno, who are ~supposed~ to be sleeping together, rarely do. This is where the advertising for this film becomes false - its not a movie about sleeping around, but rather about the challenges of living with people your own age.[/font][/color]

[color=#d1d168][font=Tahoma] [/font][/color]

[color=#d1d168][font=Tahoma]But then Reno makes the worst mistake of his life. I know what you're thinking, he bangs Nicole - not even close. He goes on a long business trip - nope. Um, does he maybe kick out Nicole and leave Chad? Nuh uh. He gets Holly to help him hook up Chad and Nicole, in an effort to curb the flirtation level of the house. Well, whats wrong with that, you may ask? Because its the beginning of the end. Reno thinks that if they have each other, they'll leave Holly and Him alone. And to make matters worse, soon after, he proposes to Holly. And what does he do next? ~Then~ he goes on a long business trip. Strike 3.[/font][/color]

[color=#d1d168][font=Tahoma] [/font][/color]

[color=#d1d168][font=Tahoma]Here I can see how and why most reviewers of this movie find this next event shocking and find the whole movie falls apart, and had a really bad ending. But I think they missed the point. The idea is that bad things ~can~ happen twice, people are not as strong as you make them out to be, and if you leave someone in the grocery store long enough, they'll eventually start to get hungry. The tension was building all movie for a reason, people, and though you may see it as a comedy, its actually more of a character study, though very loosely analysed.[/font][/color]

[color=#d1d168][font=Tahoma] [/font][/color]

[color=#d1d168][font=Tahoma]Everyone knows that all you need for adulterly is means, motive, and oppotunity. Chad and Nicole, now an official swinger couple, are the means. Combine two party-animals and what do you get? A party. Which is exactly what they throw the minute Reno leaves. Motive? Perhaps deep down, women are as scared of matrimony as men, which is why so many marriages end at the bachlorette party. Being finally proposed to scares Holly, as much as she seems delighted in it, as does the thought of settling down with Reno, (they were even talking about kids for godsakes!). Then opportunity... well, Reno just leaves the 3 of them to it for a week. Smooth move.[/font][/color]

[color=#d1d168][font=Tahoma] [/font][/color]

[color=#d1d168][font=Tahoma]So literally 15 minutes before the movie ends, the inevitable happens. Reno comes home, finds the 3 of them in bed, naked, with polaroids of the night strewn all across the room. Even one of Holly performing, um.. well.. mic check 1 2 3 on Chad. The worst but most memorable line in the movie comes when Reno is surveying the scene, and the night's acoustics come floating in his head as if he was there and is remembering - as Holly went from rage (the the party had trashed the house), to slight resistance to finally "Oh, Chad...", which will haunt me for months to come, (I've obviously been cheated on before).[/font][/color]

[color=#d1d168][font=Tahoma] [/font][/color]

[color=#d1d168][font=Tahoma]Holly wakes up, her and Reno have a brief confrontation, she says the usual lines, "its just sex", "we were drunk", "you're just mad I got to sleep with Nicole first", so on and so forth. Reno kicks her out, and then it jumps 10 months ahead to Holly watching Reno tv, successful yet still alone, talking about finding the 'perfect girl'. Holly cries.[/font][/color]

[color=#d1d168][font=Tahoma] [/font][/color]

[color=#d1d168][font=Tahoma]The whole thing makes me question who wrote the script. I'm almost certain it was a guy recently or painfully cheated on. To end a movie like that is just cruel, (I knew i should of stopped watching right after the proposal), and plays on the viewers emotions very badly. Reminiscent of, dare I even compare, Eyes Wide Shut. But at least it shows real life, disappointment, and a message of, 'well, what did you expect', and then right after - 'you've been warned'. The acting was moderate to good, with all the actors playing their characters well with what little material they must have been given. But its the story that burns this one into my memory, and if you've ever been cheated on, you may want to pass on this one, unless you're a pain-loving sort of person. [/font][/color]

[color=#d1d168][font=Tahoma]I GIVE IT: [/font][/color]

[color=#d1d168][font=Tahoma]Story - 6/10[/font][/color]

[color=#d1d168][font=Tahoma]Acting - 6/10[/font][/color]

[color=#d1d168][font=Tahoma]Directing - 5/10[/font][/color]

[color=#d1d168][font=Tahoma]Impact ? 7.5/10[/font][/color]

[color=#d1d168][font=Tahoma]Effort - 7/10[/font][/color]
[color=#d1d168][font=Tahoma]Overall - 6/10[/font][/color]
½ September 26, 2005
SO-SO COMEDY/DRAMA/ROMANCE. IT JUST DOESN'T QUITE CLICK. THE CAST IS OKAY, JUST A LITTLE BLAND. OCCASIONALLY AMUSING, BUT MOST OF THE HUMOR IS NOTHING TO LAUGH AT.
August 26, 2005
Wild Roomies is a film which ,for the most part, is missing a plot. Wild Roomies doesn't even take off fully till the last 15 minutes of the film which is a little too late. Overall, Wild Roomies is a waste of time.
June 5, 2005
if there was one thing i should say about this movie, don't bother.

This is bad by all accounts, the plot is non-existant, the storyline is complete shiat, i wish i could have the time i wasted watching this back in my life.
½ July 23, 2004
this is the story of reno who swears off roomates after he comes home to find his roomate in bed with his girlfriend. it's 8 months later and he has a new girlfriend, when his uncle in LA dies and leaves reno his house. the rent is gonna be a little too much for them to handle so they take on two roomates ... a good looking guy and a good looking girl.

i got to watch this a little early, since it's not due for it's DTV release til the end of sept. i sometimes enjoy watching cheesey DTV comedies, in this case i really shouldn't have wasted my time. the acting is ok, except there were a few characters that i just didn't like. the lawyer character was played by stephen furst (flounder from [b][i]animal house[/i][/b]) and he sounded like a bad woody allen. luckily he wasn't in the movie too long. the story was pretty stupid and didn't really keep much of my attention. i don't really reccomend this movie at all, but maybe if you're drunk or stoned you would find it interesting. since i'm not into those things, and i wasn't, i wasn't amused.

****POSSIBLE SPOILERS****
the only thing that this movie really did was cause me to hate one of the characters. it also made me think of how evil some women can be. not to say that men are perfect, but this woman reminds me a lot of some other people i know. and if you're reading this, i'm not talking about you erin, you're beautiful and i love you.
****END SPOILERS****