Wild 7 Reviews

• Feb 04, 2013

The movie wants to be different or something but doesn't accomplish anything....a waste of time !!

• Jan 25, 2012

Wild Seven (James Hausler, 2006) Almost every review I have read of Wild Seven in the few days since I watched it has pointed out the same thing: this is a Tarantino rip-off. So I figure I'll get it out of the way in the first sentence, and then follow it up with a hearty "so what?". Hausler may have come up with the pulp-free version of Pulp Fiction, but that makes Wild Seven no less fun, entertaining, and worth watching. Now, I grant you, the movie starts off with, arguably, the stupidest scene I've ever seen in a heist film: Petey (Tyler Parkinson, better known as a composer/recordist on such films as Warrior and The Crazies), Buckley (Hausler), and Conner (Hausler regular Christopher M. Clark) are about to rob a bank. So they get out of the car, stand in front of the front door-guns in plain sight, mind you-and put on their bandanas. By the end of that shot, I was ready to call this movie a failure and get on with my life, but then we get the next shot, which finishes the opening sequence, and I said "okay, I'm willing to give this another chance". Then we get the main titles, blah blah blah, and we kick off the second story, which runs parallel to the first. It deals with Wilson (Alligator's Robert Forster, in the meastiest screen role he's had in at least a decade), just released from prison after a long stretch he did after being framed. He is met outside the gates by counselor/ex-con Lee Marvin (Richard Roundtree), and not five minutes goes by before Wilson has proposed a heist: one in which Wilson and Lee are only players who exist to set up Mackey (Robert Loggia), the guy who framed Wilson back in the day. Meanwhile, our trio of incompetens from the opening sequences, along with their pals Nick (Zev Stern in his only screen appearance to date) and Phillip (Come Away with Me's Michael Mandell), plot their own heist. It quickly becomes obvious that the two bands of crooks are planning on holding up the same bank, on the same day, at the same time... It's quick, it's sharp, it's funny, and okay, Hausler doesn't have Quentin Tarantino's ear for dialogue, but no one in OR out of Hollywood has Quentin Tarantino's ear for dialogue. Forster, Roundtree, and Loggia are all top-class genre-film actors who still have chops, but haven't had the wide-open spaces in which to exercise them for quite a while; all three were obviously having a ball making this movie, and the movie is the better for it. In contrast, Hausler and his second-story men are less accomplished, and those sequences of the film suffer in comparison, but they do credible work; no one would be complaining about the bad acting in the young-guy sequences were it not being compared with Forster, Roundtree, and Loggia (and really, who COULD compare in that demographic?). It's obviously low-budget, and once you've figured out the mechanics of the thing you'll probably have a good idea of where it's all going, but the setup is good enough that you probably won't care. This is a movie far superior to its current IMDB rating, which is under 5 as I write this; very worth your time if you're a fan of the gangster/heist comedy. *** 1/2

• May 27, 2010

I've seen wild 7 last night, The first few minutes are interesting, but from then on the movie drags along, little or no background on the characters and the closure is weak, chopped of on the end. Bad, I honestly don't understand a 8/10 IMDB rating as the cover of the movie boasted about. Robert Forster made up for it on just appearing on screen, still two thumbs down.

• May 27, 2010

6.5/10. Stylish and unusual, very short and quick paced, creative cinematography, I liked the score. What an interesting cast as well. Fine direction. Well worth watching.

• Oct 13, 2008

The movie started off amazing, it was smart, creative, hilarious, then... wow about mid way it started going down hill and the ending... crash and burned. What a waste of my time.

• Jul 30, 2008

Boring. Such a waste of talent. I kept watching hoping that something would come up...I was wrong!

• Jul 25, 2008

this film would've made a good 5 minute short story, not a full length feature film. What annoyed me was that the makers don't tell you what's going on at all throughout the film except for the opening scenes, which make you think it's worth watching. you are always guessing, and some of the questions don't get answered, like the little wooden box. What a rubbish film.

• Apr 07, 2008

Probably the worst movie ever !

Probably the worst movie ever !

• Mar 22, 2008

izlerken rezervuar kopekleri gibi bir sey izledigini zannediyorsun ama sonuna gelince yedigin kazigi anliyorsun.resmen sonunu cekmeyi unutmuslar.sonrada rollu akitalim gitsin sanat olur demisler.

• Feb 09, 2008

Tries to be clever, but ends up a big ol' pile of mess. The characters might be the most 2-dimensional bunch of idiots I've ever seen, and the dialogue is really lame. I'll give "Wild 7" two points for aspiration.