The Wild Thornberrys Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Wild Thornberrys Movie Reviews

½ July 25, 2016
How Dare You Put 80% Critics?
I Listen to IMDB More because i hated this movie from start to finish!

SPOILER WARNING: Silly Bugger Gave People Wedgies in the end.

Score: 0/10
½ June 21, 2016
The Wild Thornberrys Movie is an excellent movie. Nickelodeon has brought us another great movie. Overall, the movies plot is fantastic and it is a great family movie. I would very much suggest this movie.
May 28, 2016
So epic that it would be so epic!
March 15, 2016
this movie is so important
February 10, 2016
"The Wild Thornberrys Movie" was surprisingly good. It works well as a standalone film and you won't miss much if you've never watched the TV show. This series arrived toward the end of my middle school years so it was never of much interest to me, but I was impressed with the amount of heart in this story. I find Eliza Thornberry to be a particularly heartwarming character. Maybe it's because I can see a lot of my animal-loving wife in her, or maybe it is because she embodies a spirit of hope without too strong of a conservationist message. Whatever it is, Eliza makes it easy to become emotionally invested in the story. I appreciate that Nickelodeon brought in the likes of Lacey Chabert and Tim Curry to voice its characters. The only thing that I don't care for is the animation style. I understand that these are caricatures but I find a disparity between the likable character personalities and their goofy-looking appearances. The story could have been a tired piece of anti-poaching propaganda but the message is subtle as the film focuses on the themes of friendship, selflessness, and doing the right thing. "The Wild Thornberrys Movie" is mostly toward kids but can easily be enjoyed by families. There are great lessons weaved throughout the story, but hopefully it will not inspire your children to start doing the Wedgie Dance!
September 10, 2015
Last good thing Klasky Csupo made
½ September 4, 2015
The animation is beautiful to look at, even by Nickelodeon standards. But I feel that kids will enjoy this movie more than adults.
March 8, 2015
The Wild Thornberrys transitions seamlessly from a television format to the big screen, and proves to be just as endearing and enjoyable for children and their parents.
½ January 4, 2015
Not the most original storyline; but surely a heartwarming one.
October 14, 2014
a classic Nickelodeon movie
½ July 30, 2014
A great adaptation from a great show.
July 29, 2014
for 2002:

the hit TV show from Nickelodeon makes its big-screen debut
the movie has the same amount of fun and charm as its TV medium
Eliza faces her biggest challenge trying to save a cheetah cub from two poachers while in the Savannah with her family
she is sent to boarding school but even that wont keep her from using her ability to talk to animals to find the cub and safely bring him back home
great animation, great voice-work, and some pretty rad music
the film loses its way though in the middle and doesn't get back into the main plot until the climax
the good news is that its good for both kids and adults
July 23, 2014
This is a really good movie. It has a great storyline and incredible animation.
May 23, 2014
A nice and environmental movie for the whole family
½ March 21, 2014
Ok anybody who hated this movie can bite me because this movie was one of my personal favorites as a kid. This movie shockingly held up too. This is probably one of the few TV shows to movies that I liked as a kid that held up it's weight to still be an incredible movie. I liked the animation and also dives into some really tender and sweet material. It's fun and entertaining and quite exciting. I think this show was cool and the movie was awesome.
January 4, 2014
"The Wild Thornberrys" was my all-time favorite cartoon series as a kid. Even today, when I watch episodes on YouTube, I love it just as much as I did when I was 11. This film features all of the Thornberry characters: Eliza, Nigel, Marianne, Debbie, Donnie and Darwin, and the traits that they were famous for in the series is well represented here. The addition of Eliza's paternal grandparents (Nigel's parents) Radcliff and Cordelia Thornberry were also great, and the villains in this film are quite menacing for an animated film, and the scary thing about them is that there are people in real life who are doing the things they do here. The soundtrack is also amazing, with songs from many great artists like Paul Simon, Dave Matthews, Peter Gabriel, P. Diddy, Brandy, Bow Wow (back when he was Lil Bow Wow), Sting and The Pretenders. This is a perfect example of how to adapt an animated series to the big screen, and how to do it right. If you're an animal lover as well, it's an extra special treat. 10/10.
November 30, 2013
Those tight shorts show off my proper area.

Eliza and Debbie are sisters and the children of a couple that have their own nature television series. While in Africa Eliza witnesses a poacher kidnap a baby cheetah causing her family to have concerns about her safety. She is sent to boarding school and out of the wild. She feels her only way to get in the good graces of her parents is to admit her secret power, which is that she can talk to animals...but revealing her secret will cost her, her powers. Eliza and Debbie have never been close but they may need to work together to overcome their separation and save the cheetah.

"You should know your bags are not handled with care."

Cathy Malkasian and Jeff McGarth, who collaborated to deliver Curious George: A Very Monkey Christmas, bring us The Wild Thornberry Movie in their directorial debut. The storyline for this picture is a nice blend of family relationships and wildlife preservation but has a strange supernatural element that was a bit awkward. The animation style was very good and the voices were well selected and include Tim Curry, Tom Kane, Lacey Chabert, Flea, and Alfe Woodard.

"Where's your bathroom?"
"You're standing on it."

I watched this movie at my dad's house with all the little girls. I have never been a huge fan of this series (or the Rugrats for that matter) because they came out when I was in college and I never paid much attention to them. I thought the cartoon was okay; and other than a couple funny lines, was nothing special overall.

"I'm not going to slow dance at my prom with some purple butt baboon."

Grade: C+
September 25, 2013
The Wild Thornberrys transition to cinema is all but unnecessary. It has the crude humor and childish antiques to please younger audiences and it has the animation and heartwarming moments many other Nickelodeon feature-films fall short of. But in general, it's not enough for mature audiences that will find it forgettable and ultimately non-impacting.
½ August 15, 2013
It was a funny, enjoyable and entertaining Nickelodeon movie. It had great animation, good humor, lots of action, exciting adventure, very colorful backgrounds, great characters, great music, really good voice cast and a good storyline. It's one of the best animated films of 2002. I can recommend this movie to both kids and adults.
July 25, 2013
Wonderful show and a great movie to wrap it up. :)