Wild Tigers I Have Known - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wild Tigers I Have Known Reviews

May 22, 2015
Cam Archer's overtly stylized view of childhood sexuality is harmed by the intended approach which feels far too distant. That said, I suspect this artist has fully realized his vision. Unfortunately, this vision and the way in which Archer tells his story feels forced and feels too vague.
August 23, 2014
A very touching portrayal of what it is like to be 13 and different and gay. I know I was.
November 17, 2013
Slight gay coming-of-age film seems very self-important.
July 8, 2012
While the storyline is simple enough, this artsy (and boy do I mean artsy) indie flick becomes convoluted in a messy web of pretentious visuals that pick you up and drop you back down, only to leave you with nothing by the end of the film.
January 24, 2012
An interesting perspective into the mind of a child and his sexuality.
October 17, 2011
Muy notoriamente basada en la parte onirica del maestro Gus Van Sant, pero sin el efecto indicado. "Wild Tigers I Have Known" lo unico que tiene interesante es el titulo. Es larga... larga... larga... a pesar de solo durar 81 minutos no tiene nada interesante. Es la historia del crush que desarrolla un nino de 13 con uno de 18 que suena que le hacen todo tipo de cosas, ademas de disfrazarse de mujer, ser molestado en la escuela, etc. Solo para fans del genero.
February 8, 2011
This movie is slow and hard to follow!
½ December 8, 2010
trippy. lots of slow and stupid, just like jr. high. better music though.
½ August 6, 2010
I love artsy fartsy movies, but this one is extremely slow. Real slow. You can stop watching for 10 minutes and wouldn't miss anything.

It's clearly inspired by the work of Gus Van Sant (I mean, he even executive produced) and it has beautiful cinematography, but it's really slow.
June 17, 2010
Logan is a soft spoken and lonely 13 year old boy with a crush. Unlike his equally lonely friend Joey, who obsesses over the sexual exploits of the popular boys, Logan is fixated on the boys themselves, particularly Rodeo Walker. Rodeo is the only one of the group of cool kids who shows any friendliness towards Logan, in other words, he doesnt go out of his way to make Logans life miserable. As they strike up a mismatched friendship, Logans infatuation with Rodeo inspires him to create a new persona named Leah. Leah and Rodeo grow close through whispered late night phone calls, and when Leah agrees to meet Rodeo face to face it is Logan who must finally prove that he can ask for what he so achingly wants. PS If anyone want see this entire film I have just write to me privatly :)
March 22, 2010
Cam Archer is a 24-year-old with a future. At least that's the impression given by his first feature, Wild Tigers I Have Known, which he wrote and directed. Unfortunately, the talent on display here is oft times ill-used, and that makes the film a frustrating experience.
February 2, 2010
This is by far one of the most bizarre and unusual indie projects I have seen in quite a while. It reminded me something between two other films: "Magnus" and "Tarnation." It's an experimental film that bases its beauty in the amazing cinematography and screenplay, rather than the script or performances -not that those are any less wonderful.

Malcolm Stumpf, the 13-year-old leading actor, does an amazing job as the confused, apparently-homosexual, detached young boy and Fairuza Balk does an equally excellent job as the cruel, yet loving mother.

Something among a coming-of-age timeline, a dramatic love story and a wannabe masterpiece. Contains many scenes and quotations that stick to the mind, but unfortunately, their will to turn an nonexistent storyline to a 5-star movie fails miserably.
½ January 16, 2010
An interesting movie that addresses issues relevant to this day in age such as bullying and feelings for the same sex. Although I didn't find this film particularly great I think it's a decent independent film worth watching if you're limited on options to watch.
January 16, 2010
Interesting premise, beautifully shot, poor performances and a weird dynamic between the older/younger kid which isn't addressed at all in the film. Visuals are amazing, but the performances allow it to fall flat.
December 27, 2009
I have just finished watching this movie on youtube. It is a wonderful movie; the storyline is surreal but hidden behind the visuals and dialogue, the issue of the main character stands out greatly. I have enjoyed this movie, deep down it is very realistic. Thank you to the screenplay writer as well as the rest of movie crew and cast, great work.
December 21, 2009
Ok, mi aspettavo tutto un altro film, quindi a parte qualche bel momento, non mi ha lasciato.. niente.
(Patrick White splendido)
September 21, 2009
Very strangely presented movie. I'm not surprised after reading that it was produced by Gus van Sant. It's the exact type of movie he would make. It has its flaws, it's style over substance a lot of the time. I don't mind style but I think the director over-did it most of the time. This is also a very emo movie. A sensitive boy is pretty much shunned by the rest of his classmates and spends his time daydreaming and writing things on his chest. Yes, this movie is a bit weird at times.
½ August 28, 2009
Wow I'm not really sure what to think.. To much 13 year old masturbation haha. But its was really artsy I liked that.. I Thought he looked really good. Esp with that wig. I loved it!
August 18, 2009
ONE OF THE MOST AMAZING INDIE FILMS EVER! And the cast is cute which makes for a good movie experince!!
July 16, 2009
haunting..imagitive and wonderful. a perfect indie film