Wild, Wild Planet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wild, Wild Planet Reviews

½ October 6, 2012
It took me forever to find this movie here on Rotten Tomatoes, little did I know it was an Italian film. This was a decent film, not the best though.
½ July 14, 2012
words cannot describe the suckage that is this movie.
½ October 23, 2011
It's not as fun as The Green Slime, but Wild, Wild Planet does contain some outrageous '60s kitsch.
½ April 3, 2011
Highly enjoyable for its time, this is now available on dvd from Warner Archive as well as Margheriti's War of the Planets (1965). The latter has no Flixster entry, but is worth seeking out as part of this crank-job series. "Wild..." is more excessive, although my perceptions of it were no doubt warped by staying up late to make sure it recorded off of late-night cable. But the colorful sets and music pop on these new transfers, despite the sub-Bava forced perspective gimmickery and model work.
July 23, 2010
Really cheap and really bland B-movie sci-fi thriller from director Antonio Margheriti. There are actually a few interesting ideas, but none of them ever come to any kind of fruition. Even the laughable special effects and a handful of over the top cheesy moments can't make it worth watching.
½ May 6, 2010
I watched the sequel (War of the Planets) before this, not realizing that they were part of a series (of 4!). Even though they were all shot at the same time, War of the Planets looked like it had 1/10th the budget of this slick B, which actually had futuristic cars and the most 21st century locations 1960s Italy could provide. There are plenty of crazy details like the shrinking technique of the aliens and the fact that the mad scientist wants to meld himself with the hero's girlfriend, uniting the "perfect" man and woman into one body. Prophetic detail: the "Corporations" are just as powerful as the state.
April 15, 2010
It is so bad it is awesome. It just begs to be Riffed. I must own this movie!
April 15, 2010
just ok b movie fare.
½ December 17, 2008
yeahh let's go with water-gun children!! psss psss bum bum let's joke!!! I LIKE IT! ohh..mom! mom!
March 2, 2008
"Thunderbirds" meets early "Star Trek". Gotta love those cardboard models, space ships on strings, groovy costumes, and karate chopping femmebots.
½ February 11, 2008
Italian space operas from the 1960s are an acquired taste: the sets are cardboard, the costumes are silly, the acting is inane, the plots are absurd, but these films have in their favor a certain plucky naivete -- a willingness to go over the top and then over over the top, to blow themselves to bits in trying to make a fun afternoon at the movies. So if you don't expect too much you'll find something to enjoy in this one. "Wld Wild Planet" has a lot going on -- space stations, illegal organ harvesting, shrink rays, mad scientists, corporate criminals, weird guys in sunglasses, and women who know karate. Don't try to make sense of it.
½ January 20, 2008
60s Italian space opera is supremely goofy stuff--all Buck Rogers gadgets with (non-ironic) Austin Powers production design--in a confounding caper about bio-engineering that's surprisingly topical, despite the dated designs and gender attitudes. Yank star Tony Russell is the only one whose dialogue is in sync with his lip movements--unfortunately, he's so wooden that it would have been an improvement!
December 2, 2007
Cheesy movie but if you love coloful 60s sci-fi this is a must-see.
November 9, 2007
Is it REALLY that Wild? Not really, let alone Wild, Wild. It's Italian and from the 60s so take from that what you will. Watchable, with some weirdness, like midget versions of politicians created by Sid Haig-looking, sunglass-wearing androids in overcoats controlled by women. The first half is better, then they go into space. Regarding the alien women, our hero warns in all seriousness: "Watch out for those gadgets on their chests!". Apparently calling someone a helium head is accepted in the future. (We've made all this progress, but at WHAT cost?!!?) Flying saucers as transportation is probably the least imaginative thing in this film. Look for some short shots of models for space-car crashes.
½ October 15, 2007
For starters, 90+ minutes is way, way, way to long for this turkey. After about 30 minutes of making jokes about how bad this movie is, I started getting tired . . . it was just to easy.

Shrinking men, women that vanish like a popped balloon -- minus the frapppp sound --, cool space age looking tricycle cars, miniature sets that would make a choo choo train collector drool, hokey rocket ships, and helicopters -- yes, I said helicopters in space!

If you have some smart ass friends and want to spend a night laughing your butt's off having an impromptu a MST3000 night, I would highly recommend this movie. Otherwise, steer clear.