Wildcat Reviews

• Aj V Super Reviewer
    Jul 06, 2015

This movie is from 1920. It's a very silly romantic comedy story surrounding a ridiculous war. The story was, like I say, really silly, and everyone was acting outrageously. The best parts were the comic scenes, the sets, and cinematography. It was all so cool looking. I wish the story could have been better, it's got a predictable ending.

• Jul 06, 2015

Full of curious inventions, a great document of the silent era.

Full of curious inventions, a great document of the silent era.

• Jul 06, 2015

Amazing film, that is to cinema what the Baron of Munchahausen is to children books.

• Jul 06, 2015

Lubitsch's camera-work and playful mockery of frames is stunning. Pola Negri is wonderfully and viscerally improper as a woman (by early 20th century standards) and the ironic political farce is side-splitting.

l'amour et la neige...

l'amour et la neige...

• Edgar C Super Reviewer
    Jul 06, 2015

Comedy as it had never seen before; passionate and irrational romance as it had never been satirized before. Brilliant episodic hyperactivity addressed with a wonderful scenery and allegorical scenes, some of them intentional, some of them perhaps not. Lubitsch is an unrecognized master of the genre, and he was one of the first filmmakers (if not the first) to understand that one of the most effective sources of comedy is to mock our own flaws and senseless features. 99/100