Wilderness - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wilderness Reviews

February 9, 2015
I have no idea why this film has such a low rating don't let that put you off if you loved dog soldiers you will love this film it's creepy twists and interactions between people in the film is tense it also has a lot of violence which I still don't know why it is a 15 still though watch this film I loved it.
October 9, 2014
Gritty And Violent Brit Horror, Which See's 2 Groups Of Juvenile Delinquents Fight For Survival On A Supposed Uninhabited Island, When A Crazed Archer Is After Them. Stalk And Slash With A Bit Of A Difference, A Great Fast Paced Film, Where You Don't Know When The Killer Will Pop Up, It Keeps Its Viewers On Their Toes. Average Performces, Average Script, Great Atmosphere. Sadly That The Killer However Is Too Easy To Identify & Their Reasons Behind The Carnage.
October 6, 2014
Don't let that green splat fool you.This is a fantastic and original horror/slasher! I cringed (in a good way) through half the film.
May 13, 2014
The review below and poster are from another movie called wilderness, not this one. Anyway, the one including the cast below was a pleasant surprise. Its kind of a B grade horror set in Ireland. A group of juvinile convicts are sent to an island near Ireland after a cell mate of theirs died slashing his wrists. They are accompanied by a supervisor (Sean Pertwee - Dog soldiers). Once on the island they realise they are not alone.....all else is spoiler.
Watch this if you liked dog soldiers, but bare in mind this is not supernatural - so dont expect any werewolves. I enjoyed this movie more than i thought i would.
½ May 13, 2014
Categorized as a horror film. But it's more of a romantic, psychological thriller. Amanda Ooms is convincing and likeable as the lead heroine, who is condemned to become a wolf once a month.
Sorry can't help myself but I really like Amanda Ooms in this one :D
½ May 13, 2014
A well done werewolf story , despite it's made for tv look . Shares many themes with the movie " Wolf " , but less a horror movie than a psychological drama .
½ May 13, 2014
This movie was just "ok"... A pack of juvenile delinquents running for their lives from a pack of man-eating German shepherds and a crazed lunatic dad... Unusual plot. Most of the "kids" looked like they were in their twenties.
Not a horror movie.
It sucked
May 13, 2014
sooo groosssss but the best eva
May 10, 2014
loved it very good but kind of disgusting when a mans foot got stuck in the bear trap yuck!!!!!! :)
April 1, 2014
Low budget horror from Ireland I believe. I found it to be more of a thriller with slasher aspects. There are some decent effects and the acting is not terrible nor are the accents too thick to understand. A group of young inmates are taken to the woods to learn teamwork. A revenge seeker begins working them over and they fail the lesson; it's everyone for themselves as they try to escape with their lives.
July 22, 2013
I am going to skip this one.
July 8, 2013
A dog's meal that seems tasty but ends up regurgitated--Pathetic!!
June 7, 2013
not that bad for a horror but at times would've been nice to have subtitles to understand the dialogue
February 1, 2013
A big step up from Deathwatch, and for the first half it's great! Its got drama, it's compelling (sure the characters are scum, but they're well written and feel real) and the sudden switch from drama to full on terror is sudden, unexpected, and offers one of the most brutal and intense ten minutes of terror in survival horror history. Unfortunately that's where it all starts to go downhill. Nothing else even comes close to matching the intensity of that first sequence, characters stop making sense, and the eventual reveal of the killer and his motivation is just weak!
December 11, 2012
I recently had a friend recommend this film to me. But I didn't like it.
December 7, 2012
Would like to see at some stage.
November 7, 2012
A GOOD horror & suspense movie. Try it.