The Wind Will Carry Us Reviews

• Oct 14, 2018

Gorgeous pictures of the iranian (kurdish?) countryside and village life. However, the reason the main character is in the village in the first place is never clear. So why did they make a big deal about him trying to go find cell reception every day? Why did he care about the old woman? He wasn't a sympathetic character; just passing through the villagers' lives. This movie leaves me frustrated. not satisfying.

• Jun 19, 2017

it wasn't what I expected but still managed to capture my attention. This movie isn't "HYPNOTIC", it isn't "CHARISMATIC" (from the cover), however it could be said that it is an eloquent exploration even though it feels trapped. This is one of those movies where a couple of sentences scattered throughout give sense to it. Movie tries to play with symbolism (bone, milk, strawberries, engineer, turtle) but it stays unaccented until the very end. Well for the milk part, it is something that you ought to pick up instantly, but it stays without a framework to be interpreted until you finally come to a conclusion which seems kind of obvious at the end. Though I really don't understand why are cows held in the dark.

• Carlos M Super Reviewer
    Apr 13, 2017

The film is light, funny and very amusing in the way it shows the prosaic everyday life of common people as witnessed by an idle and increasingly impatient man visiting a Kurdish little village in Iran, even if the poignant result ranks among one of Kiarostami's minor works.

• Dec 13, 2016

Kiarostami gives emphasis to the difference between the slow-paced life of the rural world and our stressful main character from the city. In the end, it's impossible for anyone to have control of things to come.

• Dec 10, 2016

I loved this film and I would be hard-pressed to explain exactly why. There really isn't much of a plot, and there are long periods of nothing much happening, yet I was captivated the entire time. Thus is the talent of master director Abbas Kiarostami. The film is essentially a visual poem which makes sense as the film's title and ongoing theme in the film is from a poem from an Iranian woman named Forough Farrokhzad. This film is a must watch for cinema lovers!

• Aug 02, 2015

A very slowpaced film where we meet an engineer that's visiting a small village in Iran. There is not much going on here. Things seem repeated and there are few characters. The rythm of the film is very off-beat. It's poetic, and many nice words are told, but there is not much else here. OK story, but it feels flat and I have some difficulties with feeling engaged to it. I do like some aspects, as the mentioned poetry and the way the lead remains mysterious and slowly shifting. It's hard to tell if he's trying to change, get away or is just misunderstood. There are few answers here. 6 out of 10 apples.

• Jan 22, 2015

Another masterpiece from the Master - Abbas Kiarostami. Such a wonderful movie.

Another masterpiece from the Master - Abbas Kiarostami. Such a wonderful movie.

• Jan 05, 2015

Maybe a little too wilfully obscure in its plotting (which worked in Cherry, but is a bit frustrating here), and a little indulgent lengthwise, but it's very lovely, and Dourani is charismatic and fun to watch interacting with the villagers.

• Oct 01, 2013

A little exaggerated ,which can get tiring . Most of the time its just the audience is watching how a car is driven,how a beard is cut ,how a bike is riden....and many more things u'd prefer to ignore.....and in all this somehow this popular cinema cudn't touch my heart as it did to the 96% of critics

• Apr 15, 2013

This one by the absolute master Kiarostammi, tells us the actual way of life and death and maybe everything very beautifully and poetically through it's own rich element of content and philosophy supported from the works Iranian artists. This is surely one of those kind of works explaining the real significant of the modern visual art medium,yes,the cinema itself.Cause,throughout the whole film and from the perspective of an outsider come only in connection for his work,we are going to know,understand the color,own beauty of rural Iran and not only that,but also the picture of their lifestyle,rural people's culture,tradition are captured in its background in its own way. Master's best film till date.