Window Horses Reviews

• Jul 09, 2019

Very touching, personal film about family tragedy & the healing power of poetry. Lovely film.

• Dec 07, 2017

Beautiful...funny...storyteller!

Beautiful...funny...storyteller!

• Oct 05, 2017

Refreshingly original and fabulous story telling.

Refreshingly original and fabulous story telling.

• Sep 29, 2017

There's nothing particularly profound in all of this... but "Window Horses" is smart enough to know that it's a pretty straightforward, beautiful and informative little film that doesn't need to take itself too seriously.

• Sep 26, 2017

Wonderful film with originality, complex characters, and ways to bridge cultural divides

• Sep 16, 2017

I LOVE...LOVE...LOVE....LOVE this movie. I took my 8 year old to see it at the NYC Children's Movie Festival early this year. It moved me deeply and resonated with my soul. I highly recommend for all; it is a must see. It is a work of art...a masterpiece.

• Aug 08, 2017

It started out ok, but I turned it off three quarters of the way though, as it soon turned into an Iranian propaganda movie. A shame, because the pictorial effects were so lovely. I'm glad everyone else enjoyed it though.

• Apr 02, 2017

STICKY SITUATION Immigration tales couldn't be any more timely, so it is with good reason Ann Marie Fleming dusted off an old story to unfurl it in glorious animated colour. A west coast Canadian of Chinese and Iranian heritage, Rosie Ming is a young poet enamoured with Paris. It's a bit of a cultural mess really. And when she receives an invite to a festival (her first), it opens a hallway of doors, and possible answers to many burning questions. Raised by her Chinese grandparents, the thrilling mystery of Rosie's missing parents is soon revealed, as is her place in the world. The Western - Eastern - Muslim triangle is handled impeccably through Rosie's adventure, some well placed history lessons, and bouncy animation. Yes it's a heart-tugging, feel good flick, but when told this well, goes over ever so swell, and it looks great on the big screen. - hipCRANK

• Mar 09, 2017

Window Horses is a spectacular, poetic journey that explores art and identity in a unique way. Ann Marie Fleming does a beautiful job of balancing different forms of animation to fully bring to life the story of a young girl learning about her heritage. Window Horses is both highly entertaining, and deeply meaningful, expertly walking the line between entertainment and weight. It highlights the importance of never dismissing a culture because of a few scattered pieces of information. There is always beauty and something to be preserved and celebrated. Window Horses is a celebration of art, culture and many layered identities, which is more important that ever.