Windows Reviews

• May 05, 2020

This movie stinks. Most notable for being the sole directorial effort by ace cinematographer Gordon Willis, Windows features a performance by Talia Shire that is so lifeless, it couldn't generate sparks if she stuck a fork in a wall socket. Marred by plot holes large enough to drive a fleet of Freightliners through, the film's greatest success is being worthy of the universal panning it received upon release.

• Apr 29, 2014

On the Linoleum Knife podcast where they review TRANSCENDENCE the guys reminded me that I had seen this offensive dreck. Thanks a lot guys.

• Mar 28, 2013

The only movie directed by cinematographer Gordon Willis (he also photographed it). The description here is awful, so don't pay much attention. This is one of the more unusual horror film that you're likely to see. Slowly pace and more concerned with character and performance than you typically see from the genre. Talia Shire is better than I've ever seen her, and Elizabeth Ashley is just incredibly creepy. Highly recommended for anyone interested in the strange.

• Aug 21, 2011

Whoa. The script is terrible. Beyond terrible. And in a way that makes it not even fun to watch. It's unreal that this got made. With all of that said, it's a must-see film and one that should have a larger cult following. Elizabeth Ashley is turned up to 11 and sometimes that's all you really need. Her cigarette smoking while listening to Talia Shire moan with a knife in her mouth is epic. As is [spoiler] the death of Talia Shire's cat, who is put in a freezer. It's lesbian horror at it's best. It is a beautiful film. It's not Gordon Willis' fault. I don't know who's fault it is. There's SOMETHING here, I just don't know what. I do think it will be relevant to film history. It's already being written about by some brilliant people. It needs to be put on Blu-Ray immediately.

• Jun 29, 2009

Yes, I am so happy Flixter added this terrible, terrible film, directed by the DP of the Godfather. If you're in the mood for unintentional laughs and the slowest, most overly long film climax of all time, look no further than Windows.