Winged Migration Reviews

• Sep 01, 2018

spectacular footage!

spectacular footage!

• Apr 18, 2018

beautifully photographed and beautifully filmed there's a large lag in between the footage of the flying birds and the narration, this whole thing could've been a silent film and it still would've flown birds are the most magnificent creatures in the world and it's fascinating to witness their yearly migration to the south, not only that but they can sense the earth's magnetic field much like a compass it's a rough journey braving harsh weather, predators, and environmental challenges caused by mankind almost every type of fowl you can imagine is here from geese to loons to parrots to cranes to penguins to puffins not only are the animals pretty to look at but the flying scenes are shot phenomenally-well, really gives you that sense of going with them whether we're seeing four migrations or more the natural cycle of a bird goes on anywhere in the world bird lovers and documentary-enthusiasts will love this one

• Jan 25, 2017

The filming and music was astounding. The view was like flying with the birds in person.

• Jan 08, 2017

A very simple premise, lets watch a bunch of birds on their annual migration routes and we'll play some charming yet slightly haunting "Eastern European" style music over it. I can see that many people might find it too boring, I did have a couple of moments like that myself, but it still has a very relaxing kind of feel to it. It's simple, yet strangely effective.

• Apr 25, 2016

Beautiful cinematography and fascinating birds. The music is horrible tho

Beautiful cinematography and fascinating birds. The music is horrible tho

• Aug 01, 2015

The most remarkable nature filming that I have ever seen. That the makers committed to the project to the point of having hatchlings imprint on them, so the could catch their flight in a glider is amazing. I also loved that the talking was at a minimum--it was restful to just watch and listen to the lovely music. We have too many voices stridently. raucously competing for our attention nowadays. I have to agree with the critics consensus here, this film was "a marvel to watch."

• Feb 28, 2015

Amazingly shot! Have no idea how they did it as the camera crew would have to be on some sort of aircraft, but however it was done, it really brings you into the world of migratory birds and gives you literally a "bird's eye view" of the beautiful landscapes and oceans they fly over in their endless search of food. The distance that they travel is astonishing. One species flies from the arctic to the antarctic, which is basically traveling the globe longitudinally from North to South Pole over an incredible 12,000 miles. You sometimes find yourself flying right next to them over rivers and streams and other times down on the ground or in lakes as they fish, eat insects or have to defend their young against other predatory birds. Really a deeply penetrating lens into their world.

• Aug 05, 2014

Nothing else even compares to it.

Nothing else even compares to it.

• Jul 21, 2014

A great movie about birds and just birds. Not too many pesky humans get in the way (other than ones that interfere with the migration).

• Mar 28, 2014