Winnie the Pooh: Springtime with Roo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Winnie the Pooh: Springtime with Roo Reviews

½ July 14, 2016
Lighthearted holiday fun, Winnie the Pooh: Springtime with Roo is a bouncy, bouncy film exploding with Easter spirit. The story follows the Hundred Acre Wood gang as they gear up to celebrate Easter, however Rabbit has other plans and puts them to work spring cleaning; which leads Tigger to attempt to re-awaken Rabbit's Easter spirit. Once again the storybook/narrator motif is used to great effect, particularly when the characters travel back and forth to Easters past and future by flipping through the book's pages. The animation however, is a bit lacking; it has a very crisp computer animated feel but the coloring is kind of rugged. On the other hand, the music is especially well-done, and features a number of charming children's songs (including some catchy sing-alongs). Winnie the Pooh: Springtime with Roo is an incredibly entertaining and festive family film that has a positive message about friendship and selflessness.
½ December 30, 2015
It's like "A Christmas Carol" except with Rabbit as the Scrooge-like character around Easter. Why does Rabbit always have a stick up his butt?
April 6, 2015
A retelling of a familiar classic literature story, but done by the lovable and simple cast from the Hundred Acre Wood.
March 27, 2015
This film is TRULY a hidden gem for Easter, but is it wrong for me to say that I absolutely HATE Rabbit's character in this film, or at the very least until near the end? Say what you guys want, but I would recommend this movie to ANY fan of Winnie the Pooh. Oh, by the way, has anyone else noticed some similarities between this movie and a certain christmas story starring a grouchy old rich guy who gets haunted by three spirits?
March 23, 2015
We're out of eggs so we're hunting for Easter rocks instead.

Everyone is excited for the upcoming Easter and can't wait to talk to Rabbit about his plans for this year; unfortunately, Rabbit takes advantage of the holiday being about a Rabbit and cancels Easter for Spring Cleaning Day. While working, his friends have their own pretend Easter. Rabbit sees it and believes his friends had Easter without him. Rabbit will need to correct his mistakes and apologize to his friends the only way he knows how...by planning epic Easter events.

"First, you sneak up on them. Then you pounce."
"Just like I taught him."

Saul Blinkoff (Doc McStuffins, Kronk's New Grove, and Pooh's Heffalump Halloween Movie) and Elliot Bour (Pixie Hollow Bake Off, Kronk's New Grove, and Pooh's Heffalump Halloween Movie) collaborate to deliver Winnie the Pooh: Springtime with Roo. The storyline for this picture is actually very well done and interesting despite containing elements from Scrooge. The animation is classic Winnie the Pooh and the voices fit the character perfectly.

"Honey is no good for anything but making messes."
"...and eating, Rabbit."

We came across this on Netflix and immediately added it to the queue. We just watched it in hopes spring would be here soon. We found the film very well done and the plot unfolds well. There are some good lessons in here about how to communicate with friends. This is borderline worth adding to your DVD collection.

"Sometimes a narrator has to do what a narrator has to do."

Grade: B
August 24, 2014
Such a sweet Easter tale of "A Christmas Carol," starring the characters we know and love from our childhood. (A-)

(Full review coming soon)
January 18, 2014
Kids will undoubtedly enjoy this "Winnie the Pooh" too, as much as any other.
½ August 10, 2013
Rabbit is being an Easter Scrooge and Pooh, Tigger, Roo and the gang must show him the spirit of Easter.

Not one of my favourite Pooh films as this is just A Christmas Carol put as an Easter version.

People who like Roo will hate Jimmy Bennett's voice and Rabbit's mood like pushing Pooh and the others out of his house and slapping Tigger is just too intense for a Pooh film.
December 13, 2012
Best Winnie-The-Pooh movie yet. I love Roo.
December 7, 2012
Could be worth a viewing, would like to see it sometime in the future.
½ July 4, 2012
Roo is so adorable that is why everyone loves this jumpy, bouncy, fun fun fun movie
½ July 4, 2012
Pasen is weer gered. Dat stomme konijn moet ook altijd alles weer voor iedereen verpesten. Wat een eikel.
½ April 3, 2012
A cheap reworking of Dickens' 'Scrooge', but at least this is acknowledged by Tigger in the script.
November 27, 2011
Waking up with Millster with the flu!
½ September 4, 2011
This movie is TORTURE to sit through. AND I LIKE WINNIE THE POOH! The movie cant hide that fact its a comeplete satire of A Christmas Carol. IF YOUR GOING TO MAKE A CHRISTMAS CAROL MOVIE MAKE ON! DONT RUIN IT BY SCREWING UP THE HOLIDAY! Why is it even called springtime with roo? It takes place at EASTER! The songs suck, the execution is poor and THEY EVEN SCREWED UP THE DVD COVER! JUST LOOK AT IT! THESE ARENT THE ORIGINAL DESIGNS! THIS IS JUST SOME GUY TRYING TO DRAW SOMETHING TO IMPRESS PEOPLE AT A ART SHOW!
Just stay away from it! Please do me a favour.

D+ 41/100
August 2, 2011
This film could make anybody's spirits soar. It's a very touching tale from the pals at the Hundred Acre wood. It's a nice pleasant spin on The Christmas Carol, while still remaining fresh, heartwarming and also, very funny. When Eastertime comes around, pop this movie in. You won't regret it.

8.3/10
July 2, 2011
Looks like it still has that classic feel of Winnie the Pooh.
June 18, 2011
I'm sorry but, I love Winnie the Pooh!
½ April 17, 2010
We're hunting eggs today...for Spring Kleening Day!
½ March 8, 2010