Winter Break - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Winter Break Reviews

½ March 17, 2016
An American Pie Presents sequel without the moniker. Generic and low budget but not terrible.
½ December 16, 2012
Four guys doing what has already been done.
October 27, 2012
Won't make me forget Snowballing. Graduating friends put off getting real jobs to work in Aspen. Most characters are reasonably likable even if the female lead was a bit hard to please. Film really makes Buffalo sound like a lousy place to live.
½ January 26, 2012
Mediocre American Pie knock-off starring one of the guys from American Pie and George Lazenby. Yes THAT George Lazenby. I honestly don't mind it too much except for the ceaseless neurotic narrations of the annoying main character. A little more T&A wouldn't have hurt either.
September 14, 2011
July 2, 2011
This movie was surprising on two counts: 1) for what it isn't - it isn't a flesh fest as you would imagine considering it is about recent college grads who don't really want to get out in the world, and 2) even though there is drunkenness and some debauchery, the movie is about characters you grow to like, some with actual morals (though not perfect role models). This is a sweet movie; I rented it because I had seen Maggie Lawson in Model Behavior over and over on Disney channel (my daughter loves it), and wanted to see what else she had done. This is worth watching, and Maggie didn't tarnish her Disney image (at least not in this movie, anyway).
½ May 20, 2011
Four friends move to Aspen after college before moving on to the real world. Beat my expectations. Could stand on its own yet packaged as an American Pie-style film, which it is not.
August 21, 2010
Nice movie - another good soundtrack that I will be buying. Kind of wish that I took a year off after high school and went and discovered myself.
½ January 13, 2010
Not funny. Too much voice over.
July 23, 2009
A light-hearted teen movie about finding your dream and falling in love - and all in between.

I watched this purely because Milo Ventimiglia is in the movie, but I found it kind of entertaining. The characters were nice, although there was no real growth or depth in them. They all simply had their own funny quirks.

The plot holds nothing surprising. It's almost lame at times. There are funny moments, though, and some beautiful winter scenery. Less downhill skiing than I expected, too (I'm fed up with that sport, after doing it for several years, so I was pleased by that at least).

All in all, this movie is a teen flick of the most usual, cliché kin. If you like Ventimiglia's narrative and some fun, romance, and teen angst, this is for you.
February 23, 2009
is this the movie that the guy gets his dick stuck in a hot tub sucker lol cant remember the name of that movie.. anyone know?
November 26, 2008
A classic for me. Kind of what I was planning for my life, but things don't always work out the way we plan.
October 20, 2008
With teh success of " Out Cold" who can blame any one for trying. I can relate to the story a bit , where life can drag you down and sometimes you are faced with making the wrong decisions. I just wish I had friends like these to pick me up and drag me away to Aspen for awhile , just so I can get my head straight. All in all heart warming , funny, and entertaining.
September 10, 2008
gets 3 stars because the commentary was funnier than the movie was. i appreciate good commentary tracks.
July 23, 2008
Is it blond propaganda?... totally cheesy. On an other note, Bob Ross appears in this movie! lol
July 2, 2008
July 1, 2008
Decent movie if you're in the mood for a corny comedy with a few cute girls in it.
June 16, 2008
Not as bad as I was expecting. The characters were reasonably well defined, the acting was good, especially Eddie Kaye Thomas. He is usually good and I like his style. Amusing story but the plot is a bit scattered.
½ May 27, 2008
Starring the WONDERFUL Milo Ventimiglia... it's a hilarious movie with a great plot of tryign to figure out who they[4 guys in Aspe] really are!