Winter of Frozen Dreams - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Winter of Frozen Dreams Reviews

November 23, 2014
have this on a couple of Echo Bridge DVDs I found at Sears
½ March 23, 2014
The performances aren't the issue here. This film suffers from unbearable pacing, poor editing and snide direction.
August 31, 2011
This had the feel of a simple story that someone wanted to stetch into a feature-length film. The non-linear storyline was sometimes a bit hard to follow as well since the directing was subpar.
July 16, 2011
Great drama that fails to deliver.
½ March 15, 2011
Mah. Sad story, completely non sense. The story doesn't appear clear from the beginning to the end. The atmosphere of sadness is nearly stiffling, for the entire duration and it's just tyring. A very bad movie...
September 16, 2010
I find it upsetting that Thora Birch hasn't been in a noteworthy film since 'Ghost World'. So I took on good faith to give this true crime tale a chance. Birch stars as real life murderess and former prostitute who uses men for their love and finances. While it does have some very good moments, overall the film is a total wreck that has earned its place on the straight to video shelf.
June 15, 2010
An anti-climactic police procedural. Thora Birch does her best, but there is no substance to the character as written.
April 5, 2010
Says it's based on a true story. I think Thora Birch is still a very good actress and this film wasn't half bad. The whole time your trying to figure out what actually happened and did she in fact murder one or both of them...
½ March 9, 2010
very poor movie, too slow too boring
January 30, 2010
I found the way this was shot very distracting. I'm sad that indie films have developed such a distinctive style that they're becoming as generic as mainstream films. I just couldn't get into this movie.
January 18, 2010
Slow, sluggishly paced, awkward narrative. The only redeeming quality here is an adorable looking passive aggressive female lead.
November 19, 2009
Amazing acting, intriguing mystery that jumps chronlogy (in a fitting way, not 'hey we are cool, so do this' kind of way). It's sort of a sexual-thriller/ whodunit/ cop procedural. The movie gets a tad bogged in the middle, seeming to be a little to long, despite it's scant 95 minutes. Thora Birch is spectular as the lead, and she has a sexiness and fierceness, and the movie does keep the tension up.
October 1, 2009
Kind of strange murder mystery movie. Thora Birch gives a pretty good performance as a semi-serial killer in Madison, Wisconsin. The story moved along pretty slowly but had some interesting twists.

No need to chase this one down.
½ September 2, 2009
This true-life murder story is more of a character drama than a thriller. It was alright but had a made-for-TV feel to it and was nothing spectacular.
½ August 14, 2009
Thora Birch is a good actress and the plot is interesting but not great.
July 25, 2009
Barbara Hoffman fue en los 80s el primer juicio televisado de la Historia. Esta peculiar joven, Mejor promedio en la Universidad en Biologia de dia y la prostituta mas reconicida de Madison de noche, que fue acusada del asesinato de un cliente y de su prometido es aun un misterio.
Thora Birch interpreta a Barbara en una pelicula bastante hibrida, y a la que le falta fuerza, el director confunde la aparente Sangre Fria de Barbara con una apatia que evidentemente el personaje no tenia, y que ademas se contagia a los que lo rodean. El resultado un filme Aburrido.
July 18, 2009
I enjoyed this litte thriller film...And how Brendan Sexton is up grown up now "bless"