Winter Sleepers Reviews

• Jul 02, 2018

When you watch "Wintersleepers" you'll instantly discover the style of director Tom Tykwer. A lot of close-ups, images which make you think of an american movie and not a german one. Every moment is underlaid with a fast-paced musical score. And we get the heart beat that will later become famous as kind of a score for "Run, Lola, Run". In "Wintersleepers" Tykwer shows that he doesn't like his images or story to stand still. Everything is in motion - always. The best performance comes from Floriane Daniel as Rebecca but also Heino Ferch as Marco is remarkable - we really can hate this guy, we really wanna punch him in the face. The big flaw of "Wintersleepers" is that we can see that Tykwer has a lot of fun with visuals and the cinematography of a film. But he forgets about the story sometimes. It's more exciting to look at his film than to follow its story.

• Dec 16, 2014

well crafted mystery thriller

well crafted mystery thriller

• May 18, 2012

Before 'Sliding Doors' there was 'Lola Rennt'; before 'Memento' there was this. Amazing ending montage juxtaposing life and death.

• May 18, 2012

Interesting movie by Tom "Run Lola Run" Tykwer about the lives of 2 young couples done in the style of Altman's Shortcuts or Haggis' "Crash". Felt a bit for the villain though. He was a prick but was punished too harshly for his infidelity I reckon.

• May 18, 2012

Another good film by Tom Tykwer.

Another good film by Tom Tykwer.

• May 18, 2012

Aesthetically pleasing, well acted and good music. This film couldn't get much better.

• May 18, 2012

Amo este filme! Lugar maravilhoso, trilha sonora perfeita, história bem contada. E tem a tradutora, hehe.

• May 18, 2012

Takes place in drowsy, hibernation-sort-of state that is very appealing.

Takes place in drowsy, hibernation-sort-of state that is very appealing.

• May 18, 2012

The plot is a little odd and the characters are a touch self involved but the mountain/snow setting makes for a nice enough movie.

• May 18, 2012

Lives intersect in unexpected and fateful ways among the snowfields. Tense, involves the viewer in its twists and turns.