Winter Solstice - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Winter Solstice Reviews

April 14, 2015
Winter Solstice is an incredible film. It is about a widower who confronts his older son's decision to leave home and his younger son's self-destructive behavior. Anthony LaPaglia and Aaron Stanford give amazing performances. The script is well written. Josh Sternfeld did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the drama. Winter Solstice is a must see.
February 6, 2013
There's nothing particularly bad about this film it's just that there's nothing overly special about it either. It's a completely natural story complete with honest performances but it failed to leave an impact on me while watching it.
½ September 24, 2012
This was a movie in which nothing happened. For all 86 minutes, we were waiting for something, anything really. Right up to the closing credits. We were even hoping that poor Gabe would be wiped out at the intersection, just so that something had happened. But no. The credits rolled. Anthony Lapaglia was uninspiring and very square in form. CJ (Alison Janney) is usually such good value, but in this movie, the highlight was the return of the trolley. Poor Alison.
½ June 9, 2011
Okay movie ,,kinda slow .
January 4, 2011
Quiet but tautly acted film about a father and two sons moving on after the death of their wife/mother in dull, suburban New Jersey.

The obvious rebellion issues ensue as dad (Anthony LaPaglia) loses touch and control with this sones (Aaron Stanford and Mark Webber). Complicating matters is dad's budding relationship with new neighbor (Allison Janney).

Nothing new here, but worth catching.
½ May 19, 2009
A realistic look to a family's life after the loss of the mom. Slow but interestingly amusing. Not very famous though.
March 30, 2009
sIkIcI ve çok sIradan. 20 dakka izlemenin yettigi filmlerden. (tamam maksimum 5 dakka izledim) (napiyim 3-4 dakka yetiyor bazi filmlerin kötü olup olmadiini anlamaya)
½ February 28, 2009
So funny that i could watch the film even though i had quick naps during a few parts.
½ January 11, 2009
The most boring film EVER seen!!!
December 28, 2008
allison janey is a favorite...
a quiet little film.
½ December 19, 2008
It was simple and slow but well acted.
August 19, 2008
Artsy, but a little too fartsy.
½ August 7, 2008
It's difficult to make a good movie. I know because I've seen "Winter Solstice." The dialogues are really bad and the movie just doesn't work. Not good, not good.
April 13, 2008
It's rather slow. No, it's really slow. The mood in the film is depressing, too--at least for me. However, I think the director set that tone on purpose to suit with the plot of the film. So that the audience can feel what the characters in the film are going through in their lives. Overall, it's just an okay movie--definitely won't watch it again, though.
½ April 9, 2008
A little gem of a film. Nothing flashy or over ambitious, just a very well made, very well acted piece of cinema, depicting a father trying to keep his family on track after his wife died in an accident.
April 8, 2008
½ March 16, 2008
I guess people don't watch good movies
½ March 10, 2008
Slow, quiet, natural, minimalist. If I can direct films this authentic and true to the life of their characters, I will be pleased.
½ February 25, 2008
I love this movie. Alison Janney and Mark Webber are great.