Wishmaster - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wishmaster Reviews

½ January 13, 2017
This is so bad, so incredibly bad that... just... I freaking love it! No matter the time, place, mood or whatever, I could watch this and just completely trip away from my troubles, so hilariously awful that this... effort is.

If at all possible, I wouldn't grace it with stars since, on the serious side, it deserves none. As a personal experience though, this gets 6 out of 5, three thumbs up, about 13 Oscars -- and why not throw in a Grammy for good measure.

My slow applause as I stand in thankful ovation.
½ August 10, 2016
Pretty good movie. The villain is great and the gore is brutal and awesome.
July 12, 2016
Great for a 90's movie! Andrew Divoff is awesome!
July 4, 2016
This was very enjoyable, the cast is impressive (Robert Englund,Tony Todd,Kane Hodder) genuinely nightmare inducing.
June 14, 2016
pretty freaky it was cool
May 6, 2016
I'm only halfway through and this might be the best movie I've ever seen.
April 23, 2016
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....
March 8, 2016
As a die hard horror film, you'l probably get a kick out of this movie, worth a watch. Great practical gore effects, imagination, and a largely entertaining villain.
March 7, 2016
This is ridiculous and tacky but its a real joyride, well written if you enjoy things cartoonish. Lead actress got some gusto, lead villain is a total joke wich makes it fun.
May 31, 2015
An average horror story with a cool looking villain, a djinn (genie), who if he can get someone to make a 3rd wish he will open a rift allowing all the djinn to take over the world. The problem is, when he grants a wish, the wisher gets what he wants but in a twisted, demented way. Usually the 2nd wish is to stop the first wish, then no more wishes. Decently acted. Worth a look.
April 2, 2015
Bad script, really bad acting, I suffered through this movie so you don't have to.
½ January 28, 2015
The whole thing feels like an hour-long episode of a show on SyFy.
November 2, 2014
Dialogue and acting was too good
October 25, 2014
Great movie, Andrew Divoff is awesome as the "Djinn" no one plays that part better, could it have been scarier?....yes, I would have tweaked the story and it should have had more $$ for production.
October 11, 2014
Good horror movies are the kind that stimulate your imagination and strike genuine terror into the heart. But bad horror movies are the kind that strip away any such qualities and go instead for shock splatter just because. In other words, the kind of movie one wishes they hadn't wasted their time with. WISHMASTER is one of those movies in the latter category, which is a shame, because the conception of the story could have been an interesting twist on the ALADDIN legend. Andrew Divoff plays a centuries old, UGLY Djinn accidentally unleashed by aspiring scientist Tammy Lauren. The message "be careful what you wish for" is put to new use not just in the horrifying manner that said Djinn grants them. This is no Robin Williams, nor even a friendly magic spirit. No, this is a spirit from Hell, and he looks and acts like such, granting wishers their requests with extremely nasty prices. (SPOILER: Only a last minute wish to reverse the chaos saves the day.) Frankly, though, if I were given the opportunity, I'd wish for the movie in general to be far better than it actually is. It's cheaply executed, it's pointlessly gory, it's predictable, and worse, unpleasant to sit through. Evidently audiences responded otherwise, because this disaster spawned sequels. I personally have no wish to sit through any of them, nor frankly, even sit through this dreary, bloody, splattering, disgusting piece of shlock ever again. Finally, I wish for your own sanity and sake that you don't even bother either.
½ September 11, 2014
Pretty good movie. The plot is an interesting dark and twisted spin on the classic genie tale. The film starts off with great visual effects, but the production values feel too much like a TV movie, but as it progresses, it gets a little better. Most of the performances are so-so, Divoff giving the best as the evil Djin.
August 17, 2014
An interesting mix of Clive Barker esque set up, Nightmare on Elm Street like gags/deaths, and Babylonian myths, while wishmaster will never be held with as high a regard as other horror classics it still stands as a creatively fun genre film.
August 14, 2014
manages to provide in the cheesy good fun department!
August 12, 2014
Interesting concept that would have been amazing if only Wes Craven wrote AND DIRECTED
August 11, 2014
This movie was awesome meng! Y'all need to watch on netflix.