Wishmaster 2: Evil Never Dies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wishmaster 2: Evil Never Dies Reviews

December 7, 2012
Could be worth watching. Will find and devour with my eyes!
½ November 10, 2012
Aussi trash que le premier, forcément, c'est le même djin...
October 27, 2012
Thieves accidentally release the Djinn trapped in an old artifact. The Djinn is sent to prison for the robbery where he grants wishes to prisoners. Best wish was the guy who wished his lawyer would go f*** himself.
½ October 8, 2012
bad cgi...can we outlaw cgi in horror films?
October 6, 2012
Wow and I thought the first one was bad.
August 23, 2012
it's a step down from the fun, gory, scary 1st installment
but Andrew Divoff's return as the Djinn makes the movie worth sitting through
the effects seem very cheap here for some reason as the filmmakers intended which does disappoint, although they don't half-ass the gore
still, it's not the worst of the series, that's not til #3
and of course #4 is still tolerable
this could have been the next great horror franchise but it just keeps limping sadly on it's own feet
July 14, 2012
not as good as the 1st one, but ok
½ June 2, 2012
Aside from the first ten minutes of the film, this is a rather fun flick with some rather funny moments.
TheDudeLebowski65
½ May 29, 2012
Wishmaster 2 is a cheaply made sequel to the good first film. This one feels rushed, without taking the time to get things right. In doing so, the filmmakers fail at delivering genuine scares, and instead give us a film that is more silly than frightening. This film is painful to watch, and the cast here are bad and they deliver wooden performances that are just forgettable. The film is basically designed to fill the needs of a sequel, where there isn't one. The film lacks anything to really please horror fans, and you're left wanting a lot more. This film is tiresome, dull and boring, not to mention very stupid. It was clear that the filmmakers didn't care how this one turned out. The first film was a good, entertaining although not perfect film, but it was watchable. This on the other hand is a wreck from start to finish. This is standard low-budget horror film fare and it shows. The film tends to use the same formula of the first, but dumbing down the interesting aspects that made the first good. With this film, it's just another run of the mill sequel with no objective. This film is just poorly constructed entertainment that just doesn't cut it. There's nothing remarkable about the film, and everything is forgettable. Wishmaster 2 is a film that really doesn't stand out, and there was lots of potential in making a good sequel, unfortunately all that was wasted with a poor script, and lazy filmmaking. Definitely stick with the first film, but avoid this one along with all the sequels.
April 22, 2012
not to good at all, the story wasnt really to good, just seemed like an excuse to keep the franchise going, didnt have that many good parts at all, overall a little boring
April 18, 2012
VERY GOOD BUT ONLY LIKE 12% BETTER THEN THE 1st
March 22, 2012
less memorable than kurtzman's wishmaster probably the weakest horror sequel of them all
½ March 18, 2012
Stretching the concepts of the first one a little too far, and with some appalling acting, this Wishmaster is strictly for die hard horror fans.
½ March 17, 2012
Titillation fills in for fewer makeup effects as the first and so we've a couple of writhing-in-terror-in-bed-in-my-underwear scenes with Holly Fields and that's about it for this installment of the series. Many scenes of the bad guy standing around saying "fulfill the prophecy!" w/o doing a damn thing about it. Nearly frustrating.
December 18, 2011
Suitable sequel, but aside from the make-up it is a poor-value production.
½ December 3, 2011
Most fans of the first Wishmaster hate this one. I enjoyed it. If you just want a old fashioned horror romp, it will hit the spot. However, if you want a good story, it will let you down.
November 3, 2011
Not as good as the first and plot holes galore but it held my attention, some great gore and still holds up 10 years after I first saw it.
October 18, 2011
Well it's not as good as the first I'm afraid, good to see Andrew Divoff back again as I think it was a new actor for the 3rd and 4th films. He hams up the Djin rather well, but the deaths are not as inventive as the first. I didn't think it was quite as gory as the first and it didn't have the dark humour of the first either. If you liked the first you might enjoy this, it just doesn't reach the heights of the first.
Marc L.
June 28, 2011
"Wishmaster 2: Evil Never Dies" Well I guess bad movies don't die either. With the lack of shock, the funny scenes, the bad acting, the lame special affects and overall anti scariness, it seems this particular bad movie seems to live forever, but for all the wrong reasons.

First of all, the special affects are downright awful. I could buy a better demon mask from a preschooler working on an art project. The deaths were unrealistic too, particularly the "bee" death at the casino.

Maybe this movie would be better if it was a comedy, because I found myself and my siblings unintentionally laughing the whole time. In fact there was one scene where the evil Djinn picks up a rock, makes it disappear and says "Magic!". For no reason at all! Did the director just think "Do you wanna know what this movie needs? A evil demon making a rock disappear and say magic for no particular reason at all!"

The deaths are unintentionally funny to. Like the scene where the inmate wants to get "wasted" so the demon makes his fellow inmated kick him to death? Lame, lame, lame, lame LAME!!!

Bottom line, this is a pretty bad horror film. Pretty, pretty bad.
June 27, 2011
Preying on your taste for gore and the black humor Andrew Divoff sometimes cleverly achieves (even when most of is based on the victim's wishes that ultimately turns into their gory demise): W2 is a cheesy step back from it's prequel.