Witchboard 2: The Devil's Doorway - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Witchboard 2: The Devil's Doorway Reviews

½ July 6, 2016
Super cheesy with some horrible acting, but it's still fairly entertaining. If you liked the fun first movie, you should dig it. That main blonde girl is awful though...
January 15, 2015
Totally awful remake of the first "Witchboard". Pointless in every way (unless you have a thing for the beautiful Dolenz). Avoid avoid avoid.
½ July 9, 2014
A stupid and cheaply made follow-up to the somewhat cult-classic original, Witchboard 2 provides some reasonably entertaining, cheesy horror fun, but the bad acting and cinematography weigh the movie down as does it rather unoriginal supernatural happenings.
April 8, 2014
This is the worst in the series but still worth checking out.
½ January 6, 2014
Decent enough sequel to the original Witchboard. The story follows a similar premise, but this time centered around solving a murder mystery of the previous tenant of her apartment.

The characters are pretty interesting actually, and quirky.

Very enjoyable, but not as good as the original.
April 23, 2012
If you're a fan of the first Witchboard film, you may find this film not that bad as many people claimed it to be. I think it's pretty unfair that this film got a lot of flack, and many people say it's bad. I don't think it's a bad film, quite on the contrary, this is a very entertaining film to watch. The cast does a fairly good job too. This fine addition to the Witchboard saga, and is quite creepy and a well written sequel. It does have plenty of tricks to hold you in suspense till the film end. Although not the best in the series, this film still has plenty of good enough horror elements to appeal to fans of the genre. For a sequel, this is a pretty good attempt at delivering a sequel to the underrated Witchboard. One reason why this film succeeds is because of Kevin Tenney's directing. For a sequel, the devil's Doorway is pretty good considering. Todd Allen returns in a different role this time. There's some good ideas at work here, and the film does have good scares here and there. Definitely an entertaining sequel for fans of the first Witchboard. For a sequel, this is a well done film that is fun to watch. Although not as good as the first, this film still is very entertaining and if you've enjoyed the first, then you'll enjoy this one. Not perfect by any means, but much better than the dreadful final entry. Entertaining and fun, The Devil's Doorway is a fun ride from start to finish. A pretty good follow-up to the original film.
February 28, 2011
This movie hasn't aged very well either but, it did age better than the first
one! I found this movie to be more violent than the first one in a certain sense; not necessarily bc it was more violent but bc I found the acting on the part of the main villain to be more convincing, more cerebral, and ultimately more unexpected. I also found that the story, as well as the dialogue, to have been written better. The acting was pretty much just
as bad as the first one but at least when the characters bitched at one another it looked more realistic. This also had a better ending as well!

To a certain extent this movie suffered from the same bs that the first one suffered from. During the Ouija board scene a little over 40 minutes into the film Paige asks "You're not Susan Sidney, are you?" The correct answer is "No." meaning "No, I am Susan Sidney!" But, instead the answer is "Yes.", which actually means "Yes, I am not Susan Sidney."

The double negative questions and answers may make some ppl think that I am nitpicking but, one of the things that makes any movie interesting, in particularly horror movies, at least for me, is the idea that in the face of such undeniable evil even intelligent ppl can get swept up/sucked in and taken for a ride. If a character is stupid, even if they are one of the protagonist's, even if they are the main protagonist, anyone with a minimum number of properly working braincells, who actually bothers to watch the film, is going to be praying for that character's demise... I honestly did this in this film and the first one. (Albeit it, MUCH more so in the first one!) They at least tried harder with the script and the dialogue with this one but, it seemed that the intelligent writers, in particularly, went for a coffee break when these portions of the films were written, and then also during subsequent reading's of the script by the cast, if those were even undertaken for either film...which I highly doubt!

This film was a step up over the first one. A noticeable first step but, not a very large or a very good one.
½ November 28, 2010
This was entertaining enough even with Ami Dolenz's putrid acting skills. Without her looks and body there is no way she'd get a roll, even in a crap movie like this one.

And, it seems as though the writers enjoy the phrase "Talk to me goddammit!"
October 16, 2009
Ami Dolenz was hottt. That's pretty much all I remember about the movie, but it's enough.
½ December 21, 2008
More of a supernatural flick I still love this series but the 2nd one is my favorite.
November 9, 2008
Not my type of movie
½ August 5, 2008
more of the same.... this time alittle more update but again dated to watches today...

again Have a soft spot for these movies :)
May 11, 2008
I really want to see this. I loved the first one. I wish it was on DVD.
April 20, 2008
The best one. More thrilling.
½ February 26, 2008
Can you say wierd? Not as good as the first, although Ami is more believable. I hate horror sequels.
½ January 8, 2008
This was an unneeded sequel.
Still like the ouija board idea.
November 20, 2007
Think I saw this but I can't remember it. Going to rent it again I think...
November 1, 2007
As good as the first, and almost as creepy. Why do I find these films creepy?? Ami Dolenz was cute, and the dialogue is sufferable in this installment. :)
July 30, 2007
Another woman is haunted by bad spirits when she messes with a Ouiji board. It has a nice artist loft setting this time around. Just as thrilling as the first film. There's a bit of shock and gore, but nothing to write Fangoria about. It feels very Canadian. The chief girl (Ami Dolenz) is beautiful. There's an interesting showdown with the evil force at the end of the story. A mild dose of horror.