Witchcraft Reviews

• Oct 01, 2013

How in the world does this movie have twelve sequals. The best thing I can say about this borefest is that it really makes you apreciate the Charles soloman sequals

• Oct 01, 2013

Very boring! I can't believe this movie spawned 12 sequels!

Very boring! I can't believe this movie spawned 12 sequels!

• Oct 27, 2012

The film that just keeps giving with 12 sequels to date. A new mother discovers her husband and mother-in-law are really a satanic couple burned at the stake 300 years earlier. Pretty slow paced and takes a while to get to the point. An anomoly as it contains none of the nudity that would become a trademark of the series.

• Jul 17, 2012

Overall this is average to slightly above average horror movie stuff here. I would not call this movie bad and I, in fact, think that this movie does quite a few things very well. I believe that it accomplishes an unsettling, and ethereal atmosphere that is very reminiscent of Fulci's later work (DOOR INTO SILENCE, HOUSE OF CLOCKS, AENIGMA) and, in keeping with this atmosphere, definitely does a fine job of blurring the lines of reality, nightmare and hallucination. I suppose that this movie holds some nostalgic value for myself and I do not doubt that many people who seek it out now are maybe trying to do the same in recapturing some of that mid-eighties horror nostalgia that they recall from seeing this movie from years and years ago haha If you are a fan of the horror sub-genres involving witchcraft, satanism and other occult topics then you SHOULD see this movie. And if you are a fan of horror with the aforementioned atmosphere and otherworldly almost dreamlike qualities and style, then you should seek out this movie.

• Lee ? Super Reviewer
    May 05, 2011

It's quite unbelievable how a film so bad spawned 12 - TWELVE - sequels!! Despite the sheer awfulness of it all I was never bored, just entertained for all the wrong reasons. The plot is a straight up rip-off of "Rosemary's Baby", the acting and special effects were laughable! Avoid!

• Mar 13, 2011

awful just awful - no plot (barely) and awful acting - do not watch

awful just awful - no plot (barely) and awful acting - do not watch

• Jan 13, 2010

New mother spends what seems like an endless few days at her in-laws, learning that her husband and mother-in-law are 300-year-old warlocks in the process. A starting point to what became a series known best for its abundance of sequels. Producers evidently corrected a few mistakes by veering in a new direction starting with part two.

• Aug 11, 2009

• Apr 23, 2009

This film was pretty goddamn lame. I'm not sure what people are expecting from this one. All I can say is, expect to get really bored.

• Apr 07, 2009

An amazingly awful movie. Everything about this film is bad, from the costumes to the dialogue to the acting, the special effects and the sets and the story. Yet it is brilliant, it all just somehow works. Unintentionally very funny, very shoddy, but actually entertaining. Definitely not a film for everyone, but if you can appreciate terrible attempts at horror then this should definitely be checked out.