Witchery Reviews

• Dec 31, 2019

Rotton Tomatoes won't let me remove my review, so I'm giving it a 3 stars. REMOVE THIS REVIEW! Why does that functionality not exist? I haven't seen this movie/show whatever it is so I can't review it.

• Mar 10, 2017

I would write this off completely if it weren't for some of genuinely haunting imagery and graphic deaths.

• Oct 25, 2015

Lol Ooh boy that's so bad! Some things are better left in the past, where they actually once scared you...

• Oct 12, 2015

Really slow plot, notable cast members don't do anything outstanding, and the scares are rather meager. There is some nice gore and special effects, and it can get grotesque at times. It also gets confusing, plus a rather dumb ending.

• Aug 15, 2015

this movie could have been great. The story wasn't bad, the kills were pretty cool, but the acting was terrible even by 80's horror standards. if they had a better director this film might have been a classic, instead of an obscure piece of horror trivia.

• Jul 19, 2015

Witchery (aka Witchcraft, aka La Casa 4) has the appearance of a fun horror movie, mainly because of the presence of David Hasselhoff and Linda Blair, but it winds up just being an exercise in tedium. The most effective scenes in the movie are actually the torture scenes, which is not to say that they're scary or squirm-inducing. They just provide some relief from the character situations. None of those characters have anything going on worthy of note, other than standardized things like one character being sexual active, another being rude and mean, etc. There's just not much to this movie to make it worth recommending. And if you're a fan of Italian horror, this will definitely be a letdown for you.

• Sep 22, 2014

When the Hoff out acts everyone you know your not watching high art. Occasionally gory, but the majority of effects are terrible. As for poor Linda Blair, yep once again she gets possessed. You know your in trouble when a film is listed with multiple titles in an attempt to loosely tie it to any franchise. One for curiosities sake only.

• May 22, 2014

Nasty little horror flick, that has some good special effects and macabre gore scenes, if you're into that sort of thing. What it lacks though, is a decent script.

• Jul 29, 2013

Okay, aside from Linda Blair looking cook/freaky with some crazy possessed hair, and David Hasselhoff trying to beg/badger his virgin girlfriend into fucking him, there's not a whole lot to make this one very memorable. I dug the abandoned hotel setting, but it's just a slow process to get to the end of this one, sorry folks. Rental?

• Apr 11, 2013

There is a series of gruesomely staged death scenes, but they are pieced together with an empty story and some rather bland characters. Full review at <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank"target="_blank" href="http://hotdogsinthedark.com/?p=6668">Hot Dogs in the Dark</a>