Witching and Bitching - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Witching and Bitching Reviews

½ October 9, 2018
Este divertido y controversial film de Alex de la Iglesia ,deja salir magnificas actuaciones de un guion que por momentos cojea pero logra ser funcional cuando su ejecución es terminada, es un film que le hace honor a su filmografia ,logra sacar una actuación magnifica por parte de la iconica Terele Pavez.
June 11, 2018
A surreal tale that is also a fascinating, high energy comedy. Although there are definitely plenty of cliché moments, the film is mostly a montage of original, bizarre, and even insightful characters and situations. The surreal scenes are backed up by quality acting and an story that is good enough. Although I thought it dragged a bit towards the end, I was still totally absorbed in the strange things unfolding before me. Horror, comedy, action, and originality are a great mix.
September 17, 2017
A hilariously wacky and balls-to-the-wall satire on the battle of the sexes. There's some questionable effects, but nothing enough to bring down this wildly entertaining and unique spanish film.
July 29, 2017
Absolutely over the top! Starts with a bang and just keeps going. The whole story is totally off the wall, but the sheer levels of suspense, laughs, action and mayhem are exhilarating! See it!
January 16, 2017
To call this movie 'completely nuts' would be the understatement of the millennium, and don't mistake that 5 star rating to mean that's its some masterfully made classic. Oh no. It certainly has problems. But by god is it FUN to watch, particularly in a group! The actors all really go for it and whenever you think it can't get any more bonkers it does. The opening robbery scene alone is worth the price of admission. It's definitely not a movie for kids and should not be shown to them, but if you're like me and love both horror films and movies that are so bad they're good, this is a godsend. Highly recommended.
October 9, 2016
Consistently funny with some nicely cast characters (Terele Pavez is perfection here), this is weighed down by some unfortunate misogynistic overtones. All the women are portrayed as bitches conspiring against the long-suffering men. But if you can either overlook that or take it as a kind of satire or horror-comedy revenge by women (which is pretty easy to do), this is a good, fun, pretty weird flick. People with a twisted sense of humor should definitely check it out.
½ September 17, 2016
hmm; i read a lot of good reviews so i think my expectations were too high. i didn't really think this was all that funny. the big one at the end surprised me a bit, but i didn't really care too much for this one.
August 28, 2016
I do not understand this movie. Terrible effects, strange dialogue (though being translated from Spanish) and an unusual plot should make this movie intolerable and yet, I cant look away. Perhaps it's the peculiar arguments between characters or Carolina Bang's crazy yet sexy character that kept me watching this film, despite all of its flaws. Though I will most likely never watch this film again, there is something intriguing about the initial watch that will make you either instantly turn it off, or watch until the end.
July 15, 2016
Witching and Bitching is one of the most original and entertaining films you may have never heard of. Written and directed by Alex de la Iglesia, the movie begins as a robbery caper and ends up as a balls to the wall fantasy blockbuster of a party. There is running commentary on the contemporary states of parenting, relationships, sexuality, and the shifting perceptions of masculinity and femininity in modern Spain, The title Witching and Bitching is represented both literally and metaphorically in the story that starts with several strangers dressed as street performers getting together to rob a jewelry store, with one of the thieves choosing to actively include his young son because it was his custody week and didn't want to miss their quality time together. His ex-wife and a pair of bickering police inspectors soon join the action as the entire group speeds toward the French border. A pit stop at a diner begins a series of encounters with strange women that ulitmately result in the characters being taken prisoner by an ancient coven of witches who intend to serve them as the main course of an annual village feast. Culminating in a hysterically bizarre ritual that has to be seen to be believed, De la Iglesia successfully blends fantasy and action with musings on life on love- What do women want? Why don't you value me more as a colleague? Am I a good father? are all questions debated by the male characters as they try to avoid getting eaten by hungry females. The witches are a comedic personification of how some Spanish men view women, and the pseudo rom-com interchanges during the developing relationship between a bank robber and one of the witches is absolutely riotous. Channeling classic European comedies of the 1970's, De la Iglesia's Witching and Bitching is 112 minutes of unabashed fun.
June 19, 2016
2016. Decent but subtitles kill it
½ May 18, 2016
Las brujas de Zugarramurdi, como la encontraran en Netflix es otra muestra de buen cine bizarro a cargo de Alex de la Iglesia... con una cámara inquieta, personajes queribles y un guión que hace homenaje a "Del crepúsculo al amanecer" pero con identidad de su director, el film es una comedia de horror bizarro de visión obligada, eso pese a que su final se alarga un poco...
½ April 2, 2016
Starts as a funny crime-caper, ends as a very silly horror movie.

This movie had potential. It started very well, with a good robbery and police chase and some very funny dialogue. However, the moment it went from Tarantinoesque crime drama to a supernatural horror movie, it lost all focus and became very stupid. Just scene after mindless scene of hokey, unoriginal horror crap.

Some of the clever dialogue remains, but that's about all that's positive about the last 70% or so of the movie.

Sort of reminded me of From Dusk Till Dawn, which started well and then progressed/degenerated in a similar fashion.
March 31, 2016
bizarre, dark, and a really fun ride
½ March 13, 2016
All I say is this movie was off the hook.
½ February 11, 2016
Starts great and has some fun, campy bits but wears out its welcome.
½ January 2, 2016
This movie goes above and beyond the idea at it's core. It's kind of like the What We Do In The Shadows of witch movies only with a little more horror.
½ November 14, 2015
Started with some promise but about half-way through the second act I think the filmmakers had no idea how to end it and the movie fell apart. At least Eva was nice to look at.
October 30, 2015
Great Movie! This Movie is a lighthearted and fun for a horror movie! Isn't for kids but sorta has the vibe of a Harry Potter movie. I don't want to give away too much but this one starts out as a crime thriller and then Morphs into something.... else!
October 21, 2015
One comes away with the impression that the writer of this has lived through a bad relationship of two.
October 17, 2015