With Great Power: The Stan Lee Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

With Great Power: The Stan Lee Story Reviews

August 24, 2014
While we see him making cameo appearances in shows of his Marvel-ous creations, we now see him in his own movie that circulates on his life and his creative mind behind his creations. "The Stan Lee Story" is full of optimism with a little of awesomeness, including the cast and crews of the Marvel films showing their appreciation of Stan Lee's mind being similar to Walt Disney in comics and on-screen entertainment. Even though it's a documentary, it's one of the best Marvel films of all time at an A-rating. (A-)

(Full review coming soon)
½ June 25, 2014
Found out some stuff I never knew about the legend.
May 30, 2014
A pretty basic and somewhat short/non negative look at Stan Lee and his impact on the comic book industry. Hits all the notes on terms of ending up in the industry by accident, his collaborations with Ditko and Kirby, and his amibitons to bring Marvel to be the king of all media trying to break into film. television and digital media. A lot of familiar information and would have been more interesting if they engaged for longer chunks on some of the bumps in the road such as the censor code battles of the 70's, the bankruptcy of the late 90's, and some of the power struggles for the company. Just seemed slightly glossed over on purpose. Alright for what it is but just a beginners course really.
May 11, 2014
A good documentary on the legendary superhero creator Stan Lee..
½ April 5, 2014
Well done but cursory look at the achievements of a legend.
March 31, 2014
It's not a very good Doc, but Stan Lee's charisma does carry you all the way through.
September 9, 2013
For fans, watch it. Otherwise not the greatest documentary.
July 7, 2013
"A hagiographic valentine constructed by overly excited fanboys. Lee's imprint on popular culture deserves better and deeper than this." Informative look at the old guy that makes cameos in Marvel movies.
July 4, 2013
If you are a big Marvel fan like me, you will love this documentary for one of the greatest men who ever lived :)
June 10, 2013
The best documentary about a real life superhero!!!
April 4, 2013
I'd take Peter Parker over Superman any day! This movie is the genius behind all those comic books that are still loved decades later. The best parts were the tender moments with his wife.
March 5, 2013
I might be biased but this was amazing, spectacular, and uncanny.
½ February 17, 2013
While this was fun and interesting at times, I feel like it was a bit rushed. I really wish they would have gone a bit deeper into his story. However, this should please most fanboys (and girls).
January 28, 2013
Really enjoyed the movie learned some cool stuff about Stan Lee.
½ January 8, 2013
A fairly in depth look at Stan Lee and his creations. I really enjoyed the archival footage and look back at the early days of Marvel.
½ December 30, 2012
Stan Lee is an icon in the comic book industry and this documentary was a good insight into his life and how he got into making comic books.
December 23, 2012
great story( am in this)
December 14, 2012
It's wonderful to see the life story of one of the greatest creators of all time, but I feel like the film was a tad bit too short, and in all due respect to Mr. Lee, it was FAR too biased, painting Stan Lee in a golden light of perfection.
November 25, 2012
What a great documentary of marvel humble beginnings to worldwide comicdom not sure if that is a word. (laughs). Stan lee is a legend and I will deeply cherish his work and such of the other artists throughout marvel. And these events are factual and I recommend anyone who loves comics or marvel comics, to enjoy this series.