Witless Protection - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Witless Protection Reviews

Naughtia
½ June 17, 2012
This movie was running on one of my channels, so I decided to watch it. I found it very difficult to sit through the entire movie because it was simply terrible. First of all, I'm not an American so I don't know much about Larry the Cable Guy. I haven't seen him in any movies or television series, and after watching this movie I wonder why he's so famous. He was not funny at all in this movie. Second, they show Jenny McCarthy on the poster as if she has a lot to do with this movie, she was probably on screen for about 5-10 minutes in total. They obviously put her on the poster to lure people to watch the movie. So I'd expect Jenny McCarthy fans to be quite disappointed with this feature. Witless Protection was witless and pointless. The movie was all over the place and I did not care much for any of the characters. I would not recommend my friends to watch this movie for any reason. Time would be better spent in any other place.
½ June 17, 2012
½ June 16, 2012
You have to go into this knowing what you are about to watch. Don't go for plot or acting. It's Larry the Cable guy for Christsakes. Anyway, it was mindlessly funny as I found myself laughing out loud several times. Sure it was stupid - but if you had a hard day and just need to laugh - watch it. If you are in the mood for some Oscar winner - you might want to pass...but I guarentee a babe uttering the words "Bull Shit" have never been sexier - maybe it was the shotgun...
June 11, 2012
.It was funny but at times the jokes were lame. The story was kinda silly and it seemed like at times the acting did not fall through. I gave it a C+ because like I said there were times were it was funny but I do beleive it could have ben a whole lot better.
½ May 27, 2012
not a big fan of larry cableguy
May 21, 2012
no...no...no. Absolutely not.
May 13, 2012
A lot of the stuff involves dumb gags, silly stereotypes, and the acting is not going to win any awards for comedy or otherwise.
April 24, 2012
I love Larry The Cable Guy....and I love this movie along with his others.
April 21, 2012
This movie was very funny. Everybody in the theater was laughing!!
½ April 17, 2012
Larry is funny and the movie is way cute too.
½ April 7, 2012
A couple of good laughs but you'd have to be witless to want to watch this movie
April 2, 2012
YET ANOTHER AWESOME movie from Larry....what else can I say? Loved it!!
½ March 17, 2012
Gets a bit funnier after about the halfway point, but still is bogged down incredibly by a snoozer of a storyline. Oh yeah, and what about that horrid ending? I thought it was a joke at first!
½ January 28, 2012
Best thing about the movie? Jenny McCarthy's biceps.
January 28, 2012
Pretty bad as expected, but not the worst comedy I have seen. He did manage to get in Micheal Vick and Micheal Jackson jokes.
January 17, 2012
½ December 30, 2011
Larry the Cable Guy has said in recent interviews that he feels his films have continued to improve over the years, and clearly he's more successful as a comedian than a film critic. His latest, "Witless Protection", is a complete abomination that manages to somehow be worse than both "Delta Farce" and "Health Inspector". And that's really saying something.
This movie is undeniably witless, and its cast with has-beens and never weres is presumably there to make Larry seem like a bigger star. It doesn't work. He may be a very talented stand-up comedian, but I don't think he'll ever make the transition to comedic leading man in successful pictures. Especially if he keeps picking weak, tired material such as this. There is not an actor alive that could have taken this script and turned it into a winning movie, so you ca't really fault Larry entirely.
This film feels like a relic left over from the '80's, and not in a good way. Larry has zero chemistry between his co-star Ivana Milicivic, and Jenny McCarthy is still scorching hot but she's never been able to cut it as an actress. This film does little to improve that situation, and then Eric Roberts shows up and does absolutely nothing.
Like all really bad comedies, the film drags for seemingly an eternity, and the listless direction by newcomer Charles Robert Carner really sinks this fast. It never really had a chance with so much inexperience behind the camera. In fact, the only joke that works is giving Yaphet Kotto's character the same name as his "MIdnight Run" character. It's fun for movie buffs, but the rest of "Witless Protection" is a downer. This is so dumb it would have been a perfect starring vehicle for the Fat Boys.
December 25, 2011
Why won't Larry the Cable Guy die?
October 27, 2011
There is no freaking way that I am going to waste my life watching this.
July 9, 2011