X-Men Origins - Wolverine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

X-Men Origins - Wolverine Reviews

½ July 11, 2017
I'm not saying it is bad or good in my opinion it is just one of those movies that is just there, with Hugh Jackman great as always that is one of the only good things about this movie although the other things aren't totally bad it isn't a great movie or a bad movie it is just a typical action movie that shouldn't be an action movie.
July 7, 2017
Dead Pool. Is there any bigger reason to hate this film?
½ June 28, 2017
Direção horrível, assim como roteiro preguiçoso.
½ June 27, 2017
D-
The only thing X-Men Origins: Wolverine manages to get right is its ability to mess things up. The film contains a bland and uninteresting story and the only salvation is another iconic Hugh Jackman's performance as the Wolverine. Worst of all, they completely get Deadpool wrong, ruining the perception of many characters in the X-Men history.
June 25, 2017
Terrible script, they ruined the whole thing
June 24, 2017
Hugh Jackman is great as always and the opening scene is great but another then that there is not a lot more that is good about the movie. The CGI is terrible and the ruined Deadpool.

5.8/10
June 18, 2017
Another movie in the X-Men series of the current Marvel cinematic universe. This one focuses on the origin of Wolverine. Hugh Jackman continues in this role. While I liked the movie it doesn't remind me of what I've seen in the TV cartoons. The Wolverine character is portrayed very differently from what is portrayed in the comics and the cartoons; however, he still retains his angry and gruff mannerisms. The X-Men I recall is the from the comic books of the 1960s which did not include Wolverine. He appeared much later.
June 17, 2017
An another great X-Men movie that didn't disappoint me as usual.Great visual effects like in the first X-Men trilogy.But i haven't seen Ryan in this movie so much...Damn ! :)
June 17, 2017
I thought that the whole movie was good but the thing which made me give a 3 star was that Deadpool which was not good.
June 15, 2017
(In Preparation for "Logan", I'm watching and reviewing the other Wolverine films)
This film is a mixed bag for a lot of people. I can see what people are saying, this film is a mess. Lets start with the pros.

Pros:
- The Runtime isn't too long. It's a perfect time
- Hugh Jackman is excellent in this film. He's probably the best part.
- Patrick Stewart's Cameo is super neat
- Gambit is a cool character that needs his own film

Cons:
- The CGI is a little outdated. You can tell whats CGI
- They did Deadpool super wrong. Deadpool is not what Deadpool should be
- Wolverine is the only likeable character, the rest are not
- This film gets a little boring, but overall is entertaining
- Many characters were shoehorned in
- The action scenes were unclear
- The Weapon X scene was edited like it was Zack Snyder 300. It looked very 300

Overall, This film has its flaws. This isn't the best wolverine film. I don't think it's horrendous, but I don't think it's amazing.

Rating: 4.1/10
June 14, 2017
Liked it.Worth a watch
June 12, 2017
The best thing about this was the studio leak with the unfinished CGI, as you could pretend the whole thing was just bad video-game cut scenes.
Despite some excellent cast members (and Gambit), the whole thing is a huge mess. We eventually got the Ryan Reynolds DP we wanted, but what a waste of Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth.
½ June 8, 2017
This movie is what corporate scumbags scrape off the bottom of their shoe. The only reason why it gets even a half star is for Hugh Jackman's performance as Wolverine but if you only came for that then just go watch any other x-men movie.
June 6, 2017
I enjoyed this origin story. Fun action scenes, good character development and backstory for Wolverine. What more can your ask for in an X-men movie? I also enjoyed seeing Gambit on screen finally.
½ June 6, 2017
I enjoyed learning Wolverine's backstory. I enjoyed the scene where Wolverine takes down the helicopter. I also liked the part when he opens all the trapped mutants' cells by running down the aisle and slicing the locks. He looked like he was giving high fives. I think this is a fun movie for X-men fans, but I guess maybe superfans will have some issues with it. The character of Deadpool in this movie is very different from the Deadpool in the recent movie.
½ June 3, 2017
The really sad thing about this movie, is that it had potential! There was a good story in here somewhere, but after the first half hour, it just gets lost in an extravaganza of poor characters, laughable effects, and a ridiculous attempt to link it all up to the first X-Men film! Ryan Reynolds is a good casting choice as the character Deadpool, I'll give the movie some props for that, but why the hell did they have to seal his mouth shut, and turn him into a video game boss for the films climax!? Total waste of an opportunity! Thank God for X-Men:First Class, because that film completely redeemed this franchise for the best!
June 2, 2017
X-Men Origins: Wolverine boasts some slick action and an enjoyable performance from Hugh Jackman as the title character but I can agree with most people that this film wasn't as great as was hoped for. Even Jackman expressed disappointment with the final cut. Certain characters are killed off too soon preventing us from getting to know them and resulting in people turning a blind eye to those dead people since you can't be expected to feel emotional over the death of someone who had less than 10 minutes of screen time. Let's not also forget that infamous depiction of Deadpool seen in this movie. Fox learned the error of their ways and made amends 7 years later, resulting in my first ever review since I started writing reviews on RT but let's take our time to criticize the Deadpool in this movie. They...sued...Wade's...mouth...shut. HE'S CALLED THE MERC WITH A MOUTH FOR A REASON!!! WHAT THE HELL, FOX? Yeah, the film's one of the lesser efforts in the X-Men film series. Come for the action sequences and Hugh Jackman, stay for...nothing else, really. That's just it.
May 31, 2017
A mediocre film without any true aim except for lots of poor-effects, claw-slashing action.
½ May 30, 2017
Easily the worst chapter in the X-Men saga, X-Men Origins: Wolverine is an atrocity, and one of the worst superhero movies ever made.

Not only is the film quality awful (CG claws, really?), but the story is boring, the characters are bland, and it does not follow along with what the previous entries established.

X-Men Origins gives you the answer to every question you have about Wolverine, including, but not limited to: Why is he called the Wolverine?, Why does he live in Canada?, and Where in the world did he get that jacket?

It also has the most interesting and amazing mutants, some of which are: A guy who can teleport and thats it (so nightcrawler but missing the tail, blue skin, and interesting character development), a dude who can jump 10 feet in the air and can shoot guns, a girl who can persuade people, a man with somewhat long finger nails, and a fat man.

Speaking of mutants, this film marked the big screen debut of fan favorite Deadpool. However, they made a few minor changes. The merc with a mouth has no mouth, instead of a suit, he has some weird body paint, and he has a bunch of random powers he's never had before. Luckily, though, everybody loves these changes and its the sole reason people like the movie and totally not the most hated part.

This film also breaks rules and defies previous events in the franchise by making Sabretooth his brother? Unless Colonel Striker wiped his memory between Origins and X-Men 1, this shatters that portion of the timeline. The producers have since claimed that this film takes place in an alternate universe, but I'm pretty sure thats a cover up for the fact that they messed up. Read the description on the back of the DVD. seriously.

However, there is one up side to this film: Hugh Jackman (as always) steals the show with another great performance as the gritty warrior. Its not as good as his Logan performance, but still great nonetheless.

Overall, this movie sucks. Bottom line.
May 28, 2017
Jackman is always great, and this movie has good moments but the bad moments include mouth sewn shut "Deadpool"