X-Men Origins - Wolverine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

X-Men Origins - Wolverine Reviews

January 4, 2017
Just a all around great action movie with Hugh Jackman!
½ January 2, 2017
This is probably the most dull and underwhelming film that takes place in the X-Men universe. There was nothing in "X-Men Origins - Wolverine" that I found memorable or exciting or even interesting. Hugh Jackman is easily the best part of this snoozefest, but even his charisma can't save this disappointingly bland superhero movie. It spectacularly wastes its talent involved. What a shame.
½ January 2, 2017
X-Men Origins: Wolverine is a movie I would've given 2 stars if I hadn't just watched it to give a review out. I only like the opening credits and Ryan Reynolds for a few scenes. Besides those, this movie sucks. Deadpool(if you wanna call him that) literally has his mouth sawn out and it's terrible. The Dialogue is really boring, the action scenes are horrendous, I would've like Gambit if he was more developed, the reasoning for Wolverine's name is stupid,the other characters should've been cut, and I have too much to rant to this movie. Wolverine fans might slightly enjoy it,but I didn't not one bit.
December 31, 2016
According to the critics, this in another film I enjoyed more than I was supposed to. Just like X-Men: The Last Stand (i.e.X-Men 3) this isn't a significant drop in quality from the first two films. None of them are masterpieces, bur they're all good so far.
½ December 21, 2016
GODDAMMIT!!! What the hell was this?!! They really screwed Deadpool up, Gambit was not only useless, but horribly portrayed. This movie was on CGI overload. It's only positive was Liev Schreiber's Sabretooth. But that's no where near enough to keep this movie from being absolute garbage.
December 14, 2016
I looooooooove this movie i've wached this movie like 1,000,000 times and i gave 5 stars
½ December 14, 2016
Butchered Deadpool and that's not something that can be forgiven. Not trash but ruins so many opportunities.
November 30, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: I don't think 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' is all as bad as it's often slated to be - there's actually quite a lot of good stuff here. For a start it's great to see the lens focused on Wolverine and see Hugh Jackman ace the role once again, and I think the character excels here because the story is actually pretty strong. In fact it enriches the background of X2 rather nicely (which is saying something), and as a result we care for Logan even more after this.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: That being said, it isn't a brilliant movie in itself as the writing and pacing hugely let it down. The first half is a bit of a rushed mess with forced stakes and underwhelming emotional moments, and the whole film lacks the intellegence that added so much to the first 3 movies.
VERDICT: This film does get a lot right, and it succeeds from a character point of view. Sadly, the writing can't match the intent of the story.
November 29, 2016
This movie looks bad ass, and i have been wanting too see more of how he became Wolverine since the first film.
½ November 27, 2016
An overall enjoyable, but objectively bad movie.
November 26, 2016
Besides the shit version of Deadpool, this film is a whole lot better than what the critics make it out to be.
November 24, 2016
I thought this was a good origin story with good action and great acting from both Hugh Jackman and Liev Schreiber. Deadpool was crap though, no doubt about it.
November 8, 2016
hugh is still beautiful
November 5, 2016
Loved the origin story
November 4, 2016
A horrible boring reboot that butchers EVERYTHING that made the comics great.
October 29, 2016
Loved this film my opinion it was the best wolverine solo movie
½ October 22, 2016
Yet another favourite. Great action and script, Impressive special effects and acting; And lots of entertainment
½ October 11, 2016
"Barry, what the fuck did you do to the timeline." This the worst X-Men film of all
October 6, 2016
A lot of the action from the start it is intense fighting and cool scenes from the movie has good villains and cool graphics I like how Logan becomes the wolverine and Logans fighting style is intense. It's a good movie !! I thought this was a good back story on how he became the Wolverine!! It's a good movie! To see!