X-Men Origins - Wolverine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

X-Men Origins - Wolverine Reviews

August 30, 2016
Convoluted and Unengaging.
½ August 18, 2016
This movie is as bad as deadpool in this movie.
August 16, 2016
Enjoyable and fun, but pretty dumb. It was a decent kickoff for the summer season when it came out, and stands as a celebration of false physics, comic book and movie clichés, unnecessary (and pretty poor) CG / special effects, and of course, Hugh Jackman's awesomeness, which certainly elevates this movie above the insufferable tripe that it was well on its way to being. He really puts a lot into Wolverine, and really does the character justice... again! All this despite the fact that all of the cool stuff he did throughout the earlier part (i.e. the first 100 years) of his long life are given only a couple of minutes of attention during the opening credits. The romance story is tedious, but doggone it, they tried. Gambit is a highlight, but his screen time is way too brief. Liev Schreiber is okay as Sabertooth, but what is it with Liev Schreiber always playing parts that other people have already played (Manchurian Candidate, The Omen, and now this)? Oh well, he's definitely welcome in this role compared to the actor in the first one (that guy was two steps away from being a pro wrestler), and he seems to be enjoying himself. Overall, I had a good time and was pleasantly surprised once or twice, given my low expectations going in.
August 13, 2016
Why fox, just why?

I understand the idea of making origin prequel films for the characters introduced in the "X-Men Trilogy", and who better to start off with fan favorite Wolverine portrayed by Hugh Jackman as always.

The acting was not the issue here, the writing was, don't get me wrong, this film is bad ass with great action sequences, but some of the fucking characters just don't fit in, like DEADPOOL, Marvel's most unconventional anti-hero, this was the farthest thing from comic accurate, this film was disappointing in almost every way and is worth seeing but not buying.
½ August 10, 2016
Finally, delving deeper into a member of the 'X-Men', oh wait...never mind they've decided to yet again to bite more than they can chew with the increased amount of underdeveloped characters in this instalment.
½ August 7, 2016
The narrative may be familiar to those who followed the X-men comics for long periods of time, but not to people like me who haven't. But trying to keep all the mutants straight was difficult--i kept having to look them all up. But I found the story and acting very good, especially Hugh Jackman, of course, and Danny Huston makes a good villain. The action was well done and Live Schreiber is always good, as well. Superior special effects, too, so for me this was a fun flick.
½ August 7, 2016
It's alright with Deadpool bringing some comedy to the scene (until they ruin him). But overall a poor movie.
July 30, 2016
Although it has a messy plot and way too many characters, I still enjoyed it. Felt it was alright. The action sequences were great, and the visuals were stunning. The performances were great, too. I'm trying to ignore it, but I simply can't think of how bad Deadpool was in the movie. Heck, I don't even know if it was Deadpool or Barracka from Mortal Kombat?

Overall score: 6/10 (Okay).
As a fan of superhero movies, I'd probably rate this a 7.4/10
but from a filmmaking & casual movie go-er's perspective (Meaning realistic) I'll stick with a 6/10, If you like action movies then watch it.
jamrcla
July 29, 2016
Brilliant prequel, I really enjoyed the other X-Men films and this one is just as good, Brilliant action and effects, Apart from Ryan Reynolds being under used and a few things that should of been tied up it was a great film from start to finish.
July 27, 2016
It's easily the weakest X-Men movie to date, with terrible dialogue and some atrocious special effects. That being said, the movie is directed fairly competently, and Hugh Jackman's still awesome.
July 25, 2016
Under average but that's because it is only the start of wolverine,
I was never expecting this to be some mess and believe me i think critics went a little far with this film, It deserves more than just 38%, To me It's 48%.
Let's Move On! I supposing that the face of Ryan Reynolds becoming deadpool
And Gambit could one day hopefully make his own movie but someone else directing it, And I Ran Out Of Words!

Score: 5/10
½ July 25, 2016
Not impressed at all. It felt too rushed. I also found so many characters in the movie did not have to be there. They had so little time and were not integral to the plot that it was unnecessary to have them. I was glad to hear that Gambit was going to be in the movie, but after watching it, he was pretty useless. However, it did have it's moments. Some of the action scenes were good and the surprise cameo from Patrick Stewart was really nice to see. Overall, very disappointing.
July 18, 2016
I didn't know who Deadpool was when I saw this so I didn't hate it like the internet commands me to.
July 17, 2016
I liked this movie why are the critics so low
July 14, 2016
It never gets boring..
July 11, 2016
X-Men Origins Wolverine is definitely the most disappointing of the franchise. It tells the story of the Wolverine's past, and pits the Wolverine up against Sabretooth. Origins has a cliche script and some characters don't seem to fit into the story very well. It is the worst X-Men movie ever made.
½ July 10, 2016
Vaguely on the run but thoroughly mixed with unforeseen consequences, Wolverine gets himself shot but is fortunate enough to live, while Deadpool might just remain dead inside!
July 7, 2016
the best movie of 2009.
½ July 7, 2016
Don't watch this. Trust me. Forget it ever happened.
June 27, 2016
I can't think of anything wrong with looking at muscular Hugh Jackman in a tight wife beater for most of this movie.  Can you?  The only thing that disappointed me about the flick was sexy Ryan Reynolds and his near fifteen minutes of screen time.  As Deadpool, he is fantastic.  Stay after the credits.  Recommended.