Woodpecker - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Woodpecker Reviews

November 28, 2011
interesting doc but be warned the center of this doc is a REAL weirdo
½ November 5, 2011
Boring. Not funny. Netflix calls this a comedy. It's not.
February 9, 2011
i thought it was hilarious and i got to meet the director and he was hilarious. he know his stuff. he tip toes on the line between documentary and full on comedy and he does it perfectly.
½ June 3, 2010
Despite my tendency to support independent films which engage with eccentric personalities and activities, this film presents only a series of cliches. These characters are all familiar from other mock-documentaries and the structure, music, and narration of the film is amateurish and unoriginal. This is indie for the masses posing as high art. Of course, worst of all is that the film mocks its subjects--birds, birders, eccentrics, and small town life--instead of engaging with them with any real depth. I really wanted to like this movie, but it was unlearned, cruel, and boring.
½ October 7, 2009
Beyond the story of a man looking for a purpose in life, or a once forgotten bird attempting a comeback, Woodpecker is also a story about perception versus reality.
½ November 16, 2008
Was passable as a one-note, but careens horribly off the rails when our protagonist becomes the butt of the joke instead of its vessel. For a longer rant on why Archie Bunker, Michael Scott, Dwight Schrute and Frank Burns work and Woodpecker and The Foot Fist Way do not, call me.