The Wool Cap - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Wool Cap Reviews

½ July 24, 2014
A heartfelt picture of love loss and family acted to excellence by Macy & Keke Palmer
November 12, 2012
A dellightful retellling of the film Gigot in which Jackie Gleason starred. I saw the Gleason film as a child and I remember it had a profound effect on me. THis lacks htat dramatic depth, but is still a heartwarming story.
September 11, 2012
a heartwarming story of how the actions of one man can impact the lives of many.
½ August 7, 2012
Kertomus ihmiselämän arjesta ja rankkuudesta. Päähenkilö oli hyvin mielenkiintoinen hahmo ja tarina jopa uskottava. Ei mikään illan keventäjä, mutta suosittelen mikäli tykkää katsoa elokuvia jotka ovat osaltaan sekä rankkoja, mutta myös päättyvät onnellisesti.
½ July 21, 2012
This is a very good TV Movie. It's funny, sad and heart felt.
½ November 9, 2010
Lovely heartwarming story of redemption with an interesting mute performance by William H. Macy. Also young Keke Palmer again proves she's a child actor worth a damn.
October 14, 2010
Very nice movie with a great actor, William H. Macy. There is just something about that guy that makes movies really good. Great, warm hearted ending.
½ July 28, 2009
A very sweet made for TV film, lifted above the average by William H Macy as the grump with a heart.
½ July 21, 2009
Many years ago Charlie Chaplin made a delightful film entitled The Kid in which an impoverished, kind hearted man befriends a little child and the two of them become very close. Some years later Jackie Gleason, inspired by The Kid, made a delightful film entitled Gigot in which an impoverished, kind hearted man befriends a little child and the two of them become very close. In 2004 William H. Macy, inspired by Gigot, made a delightful made-for-TV movie about an impoverished, kind hearted man who befriends a young girl and the two of them become very close.

This one starts a little slow but it quickly gains momentum, thanks to Macy, the always hilarious Don Rickles, and a surprisingly real performance from Catherine O'Hara.
½ March 20, 2009
I'm an animal lover so watching those thugs poison the monkey upset me!
March 20, 2009
William H. Macy does a fantastic job playing a poor schmoe. In this case, he is an alchoholic mute who has a child left in his care.

If it were me, I would have turned her over to social services after that first night but he tries to do the right thing. It was both sad and inspiring.
½ February 7, 2009
One of Macy's best performances, and he doesn't even utter a word.
November 23, 2008
This was one of my random rentals that I ended up really liking. It's another intersecting lives story that is very moving. And it stars our locally grown child actress Keke Palmer.
October 19, 2008
Loved this movie, great to help you see things through other peoples eyes. Great!
½ July 23, 2008
william h macy will never top his roles in the likes of fargo boogie nights and magnolia but hes found a place in tv movies, door to door,,a slight case of murder,, panic,, and focus being notable aceptions, and heres another, in which he co wrote as a mute, who comes into contact with a homeless girl, and takes her in, trying his best to get a secure home, as always macy is a acting talent, no words but ful of emotion, a story that never rises above tv movie status, but a enjoyable piece
May 31, 2008
i feel bad for the monkey
½ May 31, 2008
wow... W. H. Macy... he's awesome, story got touchy and warm, interesting from start to finish, I somehow knew it's going to be from get go. I found this DVD untouched in the middle of nowhere, too.
April 15, 2008
Pretty good for a made-for-TV movie.
April 3, 2008
Surprisingly good, even though I'd never heard of it before....
March 31, 2008
un bon petit film très touchant. j'adore william macy, et ce rôle lui va très bien