The Wool Cap Reviews

• Jul 24, 2014

A heartfelt picture of love loss and family acted to excellence by Macy & Keke Palmer

• Nov 12, 2012

A dellightful retellling of the film Gigot in which Jackie Gleason starred. I saw the Gleason film as a child and I remember it had a profound effect on me. THis lacks htat dramatic depth, but is still a heartwarming story.

• Aug 07, 2012

Kertomus ihmiselämän arjesta ja rankkuudesta. Päähenkilö oli hyvin mielenkiintoinen hahmo ja tarina jopa uskottava. Ei mikään illan keventäjä, mutta suosittelen mikäli tykkää katsoa elokuvia jotka ovat osaltaan sekä rankkoja, mutta myös päättyvät onnellisesti.

• Jul 21, 2012

This is a very good TV Movie. It's funny, sad and heart felt.

This is a very good TV Movie. It's funny, sad and heart felt.

• Oct 10, 2011

a heartwarming story of how the actions of one man can impact the lives of many.

• Nov 09, 2010

Lovely heartwarming story of redemption with an interesting mute performance by William H. Macy. Also young Keke Palmer again proves she's a child actor worth a damn.

• Cynthia S Super Reviewer
    Oct 14, 2010

Very nice movie with a great actor, William H. Macy. There is just something about that guy that makes movies really good. Great, warm hearted ending.

• Lesley N Super Reviewer
    Jul 21, 2009

A very sweet made for TV film, lifted above the average by William H Macy as the grump with a heart.

• Randy T Super Reviewer
    Apr 10, 2009

Many years ago Charlie Chaplin made a delightful film entitled <i>The Kid</i> in which an impoverished, kind hearted man befriends a little child and the two of them become very close. Some years later Jackie Gleason, inspired by <i>The Kid</i>, made a delightful film entitled <i>Gigot</i> in which an impoverished, kind hearted man befriends a little child and the two of them become very close. In 2004 William H. Macy, inspired by <i>Gigot</i>, made a delightful made-for-TV movie about an impoverished, kind hearted man who befriends a young girl and the two of them become very close. This one starts a little slow but it quickly gains momentum, thanks to Macy, the always hilarious Don Rickles, and a surprisingly real performance from Catherine O'Hara.

• Nov 23, 2008

This was one of my random rentals that I ended up really liking. It's another intersecting lives story that is very moving. And it stars our locally grown child actress Keke Palmer.