The Work and the Glory - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Work and the Glory Reviews

July 4, 2014
I thought this was a very good movie. I haven't read the book, so I can't compare them though.
½ August 18, 2013
As a member of the LDS church, this is a great movie, but I can see why those who aren't members would find it bland.
December 10, 2012
This is an awsome movie. This is the movie to see for all those interested in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Even if you're not, it's a good movie to watch because it depicts mormon history quite accurately. If You have ever had a question about what we [Mormons] believe, this movie will help you to understand.
December 7, 2012
Could be worth watching. Will find and devour with my eyes!
April 23, 2012
oh my gosh u got to see this!!!
December 11, 2010
film tentang awal mula gereja mormon..sayang ga dibahas tentang doktrinnya yg aneh itu..
November 20, 2010
I am not lDs but studied thier history enjoyed all 3 of these movies they held my interest all the wat to the end
November 3, 2010
I fell asleep so fast in this one...
½ June 19, 2010
good film, beautiful story and music.
March 27, 2010
Isnt this movie the best?
October 14, 2009
Much has been written about Jonathan Scarfe's performance and about the way Scarfe's fascinating performance carries the movie. Mostly true. It's true his enigmatic, mysterious, but ultimaely lovable performance as Joseph Smith is the best part of this movie. When he's on the screen, this movie really ignites. His delivery of "The First Vision" is fascinating - there's no way you can watch it and not wonder if there's truth in what he says. But when he isn't on the screen? Well, the movie doesn't implode, but it doesn't exactly spark either. TC Christensen's work, as always, is fantastic and many of the actors have great moments. But the whole thing's a little too squeaky-clean, a little too blandly written, to really maintain the attention span. But Scarfe. He's brilliant.
½ July 9, 2009
de las mejores peliculas de la iglesia que vi. :-)
½ April 17, 2009
Definitely the best of the three
½ March 17, 2009
kinda interesting... had a terrible ending though... everyone turned Mormon :D
March 9, 2009
I realize this is based on the books. But they could have done so much more with this. It was disappointing. When will an LDS filmmaker understand that the biggest draw to these movies is the FAITH itself? Not the lame side story created around the history? Show me a film about the Restoration! About the gospel coming forth and ending the apostasy! That's why people go to these films. Because Mormons proclaim this. LDS filmmakers don't understand the strength of our position.
½ March 6, 2009
As a Latter-Day Saint, I can tell you this movie is historically inaccurate. We all know that Joseph was a schizophrenic liar and a womanizer. The film was bland. It failed to portray Joseph Smith in a good light. Everyone knows he was crazy.
½ March 3, 2009
Say what you will about the LDS, their history is mighty interesting. I read all of the books and enjoyed this movie. If you are interested in dramatic LDS history, it's well worth the rental.
½ February 21, 2009
Propaganda pure and simple. The Smith clan and their supporters are even more smarmy and sickly sweet than the Little House on the Prairie folks. I admire many of the Mormons I know, but this movie is a recruiting tool that just doesn't work. Maybe it says more about me than anything, but the evil people were far more appealing and real.
February 13, 2009
the start of the start of the mormon church, with all it's drama.
December 6, 2008