The Work of Director Spike Jonze Reviews

• Feb 09, 2016

some really awesome innovative films/videos here & my 12900th review!

some really awesome innovative films/videos here & my 12900th review!

• Aug 05, 2014

A selection that always has something interesting whenever you come back to it.

A selection that always has something interesting whenever you come back to it.

• Mar 02, 2013

Better then the Michel Gondry one.

Better then the Michel Gondry one.

• May 19, 2010

Spike Jonze es un director de videos que acostumbra trabajar con un bajisimo presupuesto, pero cuya energia y creatividad hacen que su trabajo cobre el status de verdadero arte. En esta recopilacion (incompleta), Jonze nos muestra como su amor por la television y su espiritu de nino se descargan a la perfeccion y perfuman toda su obra. Genial.

• May 19, 2010

• Feb 12, 2010

Spike Jonze's early work; inventive music videos in the era where the abhorrent rap and hip hop took root. His collection is just half an hour long, but with three half-hour documentaries, and other extras on both sides of the disc, it's over 5 hours. For hardcore Jonze fans, I suppose. He's an obvious surrealist and the films I've seen of his project the talent found here.

• Jul 19, 2009

Yeah. Fun, stupid, smart, interesting. A nice collection of music videos, docs, and rare short flicks plus some comprehensive extras.

• Aug 08, 2008

Spike is absolutely BRILLIANT. A "twisted genius" and any fan of his will LOVE this movie.

• Jul 08, 2008

-the running time is more like 3 hours than 30 minutes haha. and like the michel gondry director series dvd this one has more quantity than everything being amazing quality (like the chris cunningham director series dvd). however, some of the music videos are amazing on here (like weapon of choice, praise you, sabotage, electrobank, buddy holly) and the short "how they got there" and the documentary about fat lip are both awesome.

• May 21, 2008

I watch this like once a week. I always find something new and completely impressive. I miss the 90s music video directors that would experiment and turn a 3 minute song into an automatic visual image. I can't hear "Weapon of Choice" and not think of Christopher Walken. Spike Jonze is brilliant no matter what to me, and these music videos are earned classics. Check out the works of Michel Gondry and Chris Cunningham too if you get a chance.