World War Z - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

World War Z Reviews

July 30, 2016
Not many zombie movies casting a famous actor now a days.
July 28, 2016
World War Z is a flawed, yet surprisingly entertaining and scary film. It's not amazing, but it's certainly entertaining if nothing else.
½ July 25, 2016
This movie is good. It has a lot of horror movie cliches, and there's a lot of deus ex machinas in the plot. However, it's actually a good zombie movie. The lab scene is terrifying, the actors do a great job and the plot actually makes more sense. If you haven't seen a lot of horror movies, then this one is a good recommendation.
July 23, 2016
Worst zombie movie ever
½ July 21, 2016
A bland, forgetable zombie flick. Its not unentertaining, its pretty much what you'd expect from a movie called "World War Z."
½ July 21, 2016
World War Z is a big-budget, zombie movie based off of the best-selling book, in name only, that follows a UN Diplomat, played by Brad Pitt, who has to traverse the globe in search of a cure after a devastating outbreak begins wiping out the world's population. To start, this film has almost nothing in common with the book's structure, and mainly just cherry-picks scenarios to put Pitt's character into, which is fine, but it's an odd choice to even share the name apart from it sounding cool. This definitely surpassed my low expectations considering all of the production troubles it went through and it amazingly turned out to be a really cool zombie flick, even though it was neither scary or violent. The production went over-budget, the script was unfinished when filming began, and after screening the film for the studio, they immediately cried foul and had the entire third act re-shot, for the benefit of the film because that is easily the most intense part of the movie. The writing is the real strong-point here with some truly clever characters and ideas, and for once they actually call the damn things, "zombies"! There is a bit too much shaky cam for my taste and the CGI zombies don't look good at all, but if you're looking for an intense apocalyptic thrill ride, you can do far worse. Fun fact: this is Brad Pitt's highest grossing film of his career...that is just sad.
July 9, 2016
probably one of the most interesting zombie movies. Brad Pitt is a outstanding actor and this film proves it. I actually got this film in DVD. had to watch again
July 2, 2016
I loved the cast and story. A little mundane.
½ June 30, 2016
Not the type of film you would expect when it's related to zombies. World War Z is instead a story-driven movie, with, of course, a lot of help by the brutal, nail-biting, zombie action it has to offer. Keep in mind this has a lot of gore, so it might not be everyone's cup of tea.
½ June 21, 2016
World War Z is by far the best zombie film i watched after ZOMBIELAND . With Brad Pitts stellar perfomance and many awe strucking moments WORLD WAR Z is a must watch
June 21, 2016
Fast-paced zombie flick with brains and great visuals.
½ June 18, 2016
A gripping apocalyptic zombie summer blockbuster with an urgent message on the unity of global humanity in the face of a pandemic nefarious outbreak of any form.
June 12, 2016
Thought it was worth watching but didn't have much plot detail.
June 9, 2016
Good concept but the ending is so cliche.
June 8, 2016
This is by far the best Zombie movie I have ever seen loved it. Can't wait till sequel.
June 4, 2016
Fantastic to the core. Terribly un-flawed in plot and acting.
May 28, 2016
I like the Unrated version!
May 17, 2016
As we look back on World War Z with the benefit of a few years, I think it's clear that Forster's (who hasn't had much of a career since this film) efforts produced a supremely average production that failed to utilize stimulating source material and a new take on the zombie look to it's full potential, blowing the best parts of the film in the trailer and offering little more to fans. In reality, the finished product felt more like part of a good movie muddled with confusing snippets of a worse movie, ultimately leaving audiences wanting. It has its moments, but World War Z is already on its way to being completely forgotten and it's probably not worth the watch.
½ May 17, 2016
Most believable Zombe movie, we watched it while on vacation on Hilton Head Island
May 14, 2016
Mass murdering mindless masses breaking through all barriers to containing them. This is the way some of us already see Syrian & Honduran refugees & more climate & overpopulation refugees to come.