World War Z - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

World War Z Reviews

July 10, 2017
Really interesting film, plane crash was far fetched to survive but other han that very good film!
July 6, 2017
The zombie genre cane get crowded, but this is one of the better films out there. Great pacing, awesome effects and a strong effort from Pitt all helps this come together well. A roller coaster of excitement and thrills.
June 30, 2017
A far as Zombie movies go, this one is pretty decent. I must say that they kept it short and sweet, but I also felt like it left out too much and it was hard to follow because so much was unexplained. It felt rushed and sort of poorly put together. It was not "bad", but it could have been much better. I hope the sequel will explain a bit more.
June 26, 2017
World War Z is Intense and Scary at the same time :)
½ June 25, 2017
From what I remember, this felt like a remake of 28 days later. We're straight into the action as Zombies overrun the city in the very first scene, prompting Brad to go into hiding with his family. With his military background, he's then coerced into helping the government find a cure for the virus that is infecting the worlds population - either that, or him and his family are pushed out onto the streets to fend for themselves. As one lead develops into another, we travel around the globe encountering a variety of zombie attacks, all of which are very fast paced and difficult to follow on occasions - hence my comparison to the rage disease that was so apparent in 28 days later. As is often the case in these films, we have one main star who is always going to survive, and several unknown supporting actors. This is probably because Mr Pitt charges such an astronomical fee that the producers can't afford anyone else, but still, the movie is good entertainment value so no complaints from me. You do get the impression there will be a sequel when the final lines mention that the war has only just begun, and that would make sense, because even if they do find a means to prevent infection, we're then left with the conundrum, of what to do with all the thousands of already infected humans, and is there enough vaccine to protect everyone?! Hopefully all will be answered in due course. I will watch the next instalment but it's not brilliantly riveting or original, just a lot better than some of the undead tripe that's currently out there, so despite his presence throughout, I still wouldn't describe this movie as the Pitts :)
June 21, 2017
Narrative singularity.
June 18, 2017
Salvar o mundo é um tema saturado pelo passar dos anos, super soldado é uma isca seca e que já não atrai tanto, por fim temos os zumbis, a possibilidade de um apocalipse zumbi é um argumento extenuante que já foi moído e remoído pelo cinema enfim, agora temos Brad Pitt e toda a tecnologia moderna para refazer essa salada e experimentarmos algo novo sim? Não! O Brad atraiu publico sedento por emoção fresca, mas o que vemos é um turbilhão de argumentos bobos, roteiro furado, elenco apático, efeitos medíocres e uma trama muito abaixo do esperando isso é World War Z.
June 4, 2017
Not all zombie movies have to be original, and not all screen adaptations have to follow the source material religiously. If you want to see a zombie movie, sometimes you just want to see a zombie movie and this one is pretty good. There are some interesting sets, and decent action. If you are mostly watching it to compare it to the audio play or book, you might not like it much.
½ June 2, 2017
I'm a huge zombie fan, and this one was well done.
May 30, 2017
This is most definitely a summer zombie movie. And that's not a bad thing.
May 27, 2017
Another Zombie movie. Kept moving. Interesting.

United Nations employees, in order give is family a safe haven, is put back into the service to help save the world from a Zombie apocalypse.
½ May 15, 2017
Woeful on every level. Bland, uninspired CGI filled crap. Shits all over the book.
½ May 11, 2017
Any good zombie movie is a metaphor for something bigger. This movie was almost as much fun as interpreting what its message might be.
May 7, 2017
lookin forward to this movie
May 6, 2017
Epic action with a somewhat boring Brad Pitt and his long locks that need to be donated to locks of love.
April 30, 2017
I have seen this movie more than I should admit. It's so good. Such a different take on a tired concept. Acting was very good, plot was strong, very well done.
April 25, 2017
Might not be faithful to the book but I thought it was an entertaining enough zombie movie and Brad Pitt though not partciularily strong as an actor was alright here. I really enjoyed the two tracks by Muse put into the film, Isolated System and Follow Me.
April 21, 2017
I just saw it yesterday and vaguely remember the plot. Skip this one.
March 6, 2017
One of the best Zombie genres I've ever watched!
½ March 5, 2017
The zombies are too fast and too powerful for the movie's own good, in my opinion zombies shouldn't be anything better than fast and dangerous and I didn't really like the subliminal pro-Israeli messages in this movie.