World Gone Wild Reviews

• Dec 26, 2017

Same plot over again.... post apocalyptic world without rain. Everyone is at war over water. But besides the tired 80's plot, it's full of 80's rock and funny lines.

• Oct 13, 2011

FREAKING AWESOME!!!!! No Rules; Adam Ant, Bruce Dern . . . Apocalypse and HEAVY METAL!

• Dec 20, 2009

Silly but enjoyable low budget post apocalyptic warriors-of-the-wasteland story. Following WWIII, the world is left a barren desert wasteland. All except for a small community that has a small water supply. When a religious cult led by Adam Ant decides they want to raid the village for water and new conscripts to join their cult, the village protector, Bruce Dern, sets out to the big city to round up a group of fighters to protect the town from the villainous New Wave musician. Dern finds a cannibal, a quick draw artist, an explosives expert and Michael Paré. Catherine Mary Stewart plays the town's school teacher and serves as Paré's love interest. The story is a simple western throwback story except that it takes place in a Mad Max setting. The production values are pretty lacking, the direction and script are also pretty weak, but a solid cast elevates the tepid material. The film was also shot by Oscar nominated director of photography Don Burgess, though the VHS recording off of YouTube that I watch probably didn't do his cinematography justice. Also, according to IMDB, the original script for the film implied that Adam Ant's cult based itself on one of the few books remaining after the holocaust: L. Ron Hubbard's "Dianetics," but lawyers for The Church of Scientology got wind of this and threatened to sue Apollo Pictures, who then removed all references to Hubbard and Dianetics.

• Nov 26, 2009

Michael Pare is God. But so is the black bodyguard with the purple leotard and knickers on his head.

• Mar 24, 2009

I loved this movie the cast & the music at this time was very good in this time. For a movie like mad max I loved this movie alot I just wish I could find it again!

• Dec 18, 2008

The idea of a post apocalyptic adventure with Bruce Dern vs Adam Ant should be a real winner. I couldn't get through this one unfrotunately- by fifty minutes it appeared that the movie was going down the road of The Magnificent 7 with some training involving hitting cactus with a frizbeed sharpened hubcap. I fastforwarded last half hour after my patience snapped so I know there is a happy ending of sorts. There were some great ideas, some wonderful ideas- a cult based on the mansons and a town where people only knew etiquette and so on but it didn't quite do it for me. For similar post apocalyptic goofiness if you are into this stuff then check out A Boy And His Dog.

• Aug 19, 2008

One of the greatest 80's B movies. Adam Ant makes a great bad guy/cult leader.

One of the greatest 80's B movies. Adam Ant makes a great bad guy/cult leader.

• Jul 03, 2008

cheesey and fun, great ending played out with Jimi's Star Spangled Banner in the backround...

• Jul 18, 2006

Directed by Lee H. Katzin Starring Bruce Dern, Michael Pare, Catherine Mary Stewart, Adam Ant You have an overused plot, no real stars, run-of-the-mill special effects, and location shoot in a car junkyard, and it's hell as fun as "Mad Max"! The story an amalgam of apocalyptic, end-of-the-world movies and Kurosawa's "Seven Samurai is an irreverent, entertaining fanfare of a world gone wild over water. The cast, mostly second-rate by Hollywood standards, gives first-rate star performances. Adam Ant as a Manson-preaching cult leader is irresistible, you want him to die soon but know you'll miss him. Dern and Pare would like to think they're Mel Gibson and Danny Glover, and almost got away with it. It may be too fattening to call it "a forgotten gem" but it sure felt that way.