The World Is Not Enough Reviews

• Oct 05, 2019

Time pass and decent experience. But some scenes are not exciting enough.

Time pass and decent experience. But some scenes are not exciting enough.

• Sep 23, 2019

Robert Carlyle's villain is far too dry, uninteresting, and something some might call cliched, and Sophie Marceau's character looks like she could be interesting enough, but the film is too stupid to explore the part. Denise Richards turns in a rather sincere performance but ultimately comes off as miscast, and Brosnan looks more bored than suave. What a mess.

• Aug 25, 2019

Many actions sequences and a cool Movie!

Many actions sequences and a cool Movie!

• Aug 11, 2019

Subjectively, this movie is not good. But it is a good time to sit and laugh through especially at Pierce's silly faces and Bond's stupidity after all these years has not changed on why he gets into trouble. I do give the supporting casts props though. Love the new Moneypenny. Though despite M being female now, it does not justify her idiocy, like Bond's, to fall for the female charm and pity.

• Aug 07, 2019

Im sorry but Pierce Brosnan's portrayal of James Bond ruined it for me. He was stiff and not at all like a Bond should be. I've had to force myself to watch his movies through to find some redeeming value in them, but cant. After that torture I have not watched his movies since.

• Aug 06, 2019

THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH is one of the best James Bond 007 films ever made, and it's one of my my favourite James Bond films. Spectacular Action Set-Pieces, a Wonderful Plot with Twists and Turns, Two Hot & Sexy Bond Girls, and Pierce Brosnan's Fantastic & Stylish Performance as James Bond make this one of the best James Bond films ever and a visual delight for James Bond fans. THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH sticks to what makes Bond, Bond and in doing that it truly embraces the James Bond formula in the best possible manner...

• May 13, 2019

Brosnan with his stealy cold looks, is quite a magician, disappearing logics and numbers, he quotes philosophy. The World Is Not Enough Apted acts almost like a robot in here. It is like he was told to make sure that this remains a one big sloppy kiss to commercial cinema. And Michael Apted, the director, with all the professionalism in him makes sure it does. The story revolves around the jungle where a bait is usually used to advance the storyline further, which sounds decent but only upto when the makers keep their vocab subtle and ask for some maturity; they don't. The chase sequence that has always been the major signature asset of this franchise bodes well on terms of pace, we are not even going to point out how absurd it is, just let it be. Also they have always tried to push themselves in pulling out what's impossible practically and project it on screen, and in that very sense, it is an appreciative work. I can see why box office has loved Pierce Brosnan so far, for his films are incredibly fast and light on their feet, it embraces the macho-ism but unfortunately also defines it as not to boo-hoo in front of anyone, that marks it as a real deal. Which is also why many of critics have claimed it be the most sexist and ethically wrong icon to be rooted for. The antagonist is given a lot a weightage but is unable to carry it off, the performance doesn't ooze the warmth it demands. Also in a case like such, our hero, the rooted character that we blindingly bet on, have to come up with something impressive or at least equally awe-gasping for us to make believe that good triumphs over evil. Plus, somehow they have projected Brosnan as a bit Sherlock-ian who is now apparently an overly sung hero in any intense sequence that breathes how belittling everything is and how The World Is Not Enough.

• May 07, 2019

Simple wasn't enough.

Simple wasn't enough.

• May 02, 2019

A goofy but fun action spy movie.

A goofy but fun action spy movie.

• Mar 29, 2019

This is when the Bond franchise started to get darker, but still managed to throw in some classic Bond quips and fun. (Also, this is somewhat personal for me. Ever since I was a little kid, since The Spy Who Loved Me, my dad and I made it a point to see the newest 007 film first week in the theater. This is the last Bond film I saw with my dad.) He passed away a year and a half later.)