The World's Fastest Indian - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The World's Fastest Indian Reviews

June 26, 2014
In 7th grade I used to draw pictures of the futuristic vehicles that would ply the Bonneville Salt Flats breaking speed records. Probably my first interest in machines and their engineering. This movie perfectly captures that spirit. Anthony Hopkins is perfect in his role as the real life Burt Munro (and completely opposite to Hannibal Lecter).
April 12, 2014
Brilliantly inspiring, charming, quirky and bloody persistent - that sums up this movie. This is a must watch IMHO, it's never too late!
April 7, 2014
The Worlds Fastest Indian is a heartwarming drama featuring the greatness of Anthony Hopkins as the lovable old Kiwi journeying across the world to try to push the limit of his Indian Scout motorcycle at the Bonnaville Salt Flats. Inspirational and superbly acted The Worlds Fastest Indian is fantastic true story that pays tribute to a humble and fascinating man.
March 23, 2014
Surprisingly charming
March 23, 2014
Excellent film of a true story. The racing of a 1925 Indian Scout on the salt flats of Bonneville.
½ January 20, 2014
Sir Anthony Hopkins en una faceta para muchos desconocida. The world's fastest indian nos cuenta la historia de una persona de edad que decide cumplir su sueño y participar de un encuentro de velocidad en el desierto, tratando demostrar que su moto Indian oxidada es una máquina tan perfecta como las motos modernas con las que compite. Muy recomendable, aunque a veces cae en la cursilería de la superación.
December 26, 2013
An inspiring true story of an old man who risks everything to fulfill a life long dream. It's a story as much of his journey as it is of the attempt to reach the destination. A labour of love for Donaldson and it shows in every frame. Hopkins puts in an understated performance that never over dramatises the quirkiness of the protagonist. A resoundingly feel good movie.
December 22, 2013
I would love to purchase this DVD - is it possible?
December 3, 2013
MUST SEE - The man was a living example of how to avoid low T.
October 25, 2013
While it may not reinvent the wheel of biopics, 'Fastest Indian' is still moving dramedy of a high standard. With Hopkins on top & funny form as the old daredevil, some solid high speed sequences and a script that balances fun & serious themes of life, 'Fastest Indian' is a touching ride worth taking.
September 14, 2013
A feel-good triumph!
July 26, 2013
loved this movie, what a wonderful experience
½ April 21, 2013
a great feel good movie with a great Hopkins
April 17, 2013
Awesome story! Great movie! A man of great courage!!
½ April 14, 2013
Roger Donaldson's biopic of Burt Munro, a cranky old Kiwi who still holds a land speed record set on a customised 1920s Indian scout, has charm and sentiment shovelled on in spades, but is still a fun and uplifting film, despite the creaks and groans. Hopkins is a bit ridiculous in places, but manages to convey Munro's grit and determination, and cheeky young at heart spirit. As I was watching, I realised how rare it is to see a film about, well old people, especially not acting their age as we perceive it. Munro befriends a transvestite with no prejudice, has a ladyfriend back home but still ends up in a rural American widows bed and thwarts some of the bureaucrats at Bonneville speed week through a mixture of charm and stubborn disobedience. It's definitely a feel good movie, there's never quite the sense of life or death danger on the bike and despite some health scares it's clear from the tone of the film that Munro won't suffer any tragic fate and will overcome the odds to succeed in his dream. Sometimes a simple success story is enough though.
½ March 8, 2013
Anthony Hopkins is great as a kiwi bike enthusiast who dreams of beating the land speed record at the salt flats in the u.s. Inspiring and charming!
February 28, 2013
I've seen Sameen run before, I don't need to see a fucking documentary about it.
February 27, 2013
This is a must have movie
February 23, 2013
A little less wonderful than the critics led me to believe...
January 14, 2013
One of the greatest movies i have ever seen!!!!