The World's Greatest Athlete - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The World's Greatest Athlete Reviews

½ April 16, 2016
The World's Greatest Athlete is definitely not as good as I remembered it to be, but I still enjoy it, for the most part. The plot is absolutely ridiculous, but the cast at least seems to be on board with it all. I think that this movie largely came from someone at Disney saying, "Hey! We found a trained tiger! Can we use him in a film?"
½ August 17, 2014
(First and only viewing - Summer 2009)
February 22, 2014
Pretty bad, but it still has some silly slapstick comedy. They went all out with the shrinking man skit complete with a huge rotary phone and cocktail drink he falls into. The story was interesting with a black coach and a White American athlete. Then at the NCAA track and field championships they had byu as a key school. Disney was really focusing on minorities in this one.
½ September 17, 2013
One of Disney's better live action films (after Old Yeller, Poppins, Herbie & Dr. Syn), complete with examples of using voodoo as part of an athletic training regimen. With the usual batch of great supporting cast.
½ December 18, 2012
I remember this .... it was so cheesey
April 26, 2012
AHHH JAN MICHEAL SAYS IT ALL
½ September 21, 2011
Great Disney live action movie from the 70's.
½ October 12, 2010
A goofy Disney version of "Tarzan" goes to America. The funny thing is IF a situation like this ever occurred it's totally believable with American sports nutiness that a Coach would travel to AFrica to enlist a Tarzan like guy to play sports. Tim Conway is really funny in the film and lots of goofy gags keeps the kids laughing.
½ September 20, 2009
I can wathc the disney classics forever
½ July 6, 2009
Remember loving this when I saw it as a kid. But the reason was because Jan-Michael Vincent was SO CUTE! I have to feeling that if I was to revisit this, that's the ONLY thing I would find good about it.
April 27, 2009
Pure early Disney cheese. Me likey. John Amos is SO very likeable and Tim Conway is a hoot! Love the minaturization scene which is surprisingly well done for the time period. They gave Conway the "Mug-Away" card to be played throughout the film.
½ February 16, 2009
This only has three stars? Then again it's not one of the most recognizable Disney movies either. I like movies featuring John Amos too. When he's around there's always Good Times... bad joke, I know.
½ January 21, 2009
I think they showed this to us several times in elementary school...
½ July 16, 2008
Enjoyable Disney outing.
June 22, 2008
awesome! hilarious.. tim conway is classic. Jan Michale is dreamy.
½ March 15, 2008
Innocent sprinklings of funness all around.
December 9, 2007
Still a fun movie to watch.
December 8, 2007
Worth watching if only just to see the dad from Good Times being lighthearted and friendly.
½ October 3, 2007