The Wraith - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Wraith Reviews

March 4, 2013
The best thing about the school holidays is that our kids can stay up later and watch movies with me. They're generally keen to watch older stuff too, particularly from the 80s and tonight I introduced The Wraith to my step-son. It was great to see a kid watch this movie and react to it exactly the same way I did when I was 11. The Wraith was one of those VHS movies that I wore out. I loved it and watching it again as an adult I was taken back to those years. The film is basically a supernatural Mad Max (there's even a futuristic interceptor) and the Max character is actually a resurrected teenager who comes back to exact revenge on the gang that murdered him. Its mostly one racing sequence after another and these scenes are shot affectively. Performance-wise it's really flakey, but the dodgy acting gives it a nice b-movie flavour in my opinion. Nick Cassavetes is the bad-ass gang leader and its weird to watch him knowing that he went on to direct movies like The Notebook and My Sister's Keeper... hehe. What happened to him!?? LOL Its hard to not enjoy The Wraith, especially when you're 11 years old!
½ February 25, 2013
A silly early Sheen movie, but cool cars.
January 22, 2013
WOW! Look at that cast! Made in 1986? SOLD!
½ January 13, 2013
classic drag race movie way before fast & furious
½ January 4, 2013
One of my favorite 80's movie.
December 28, 2012
a.k.a PHATOM a.k.a TURBO INTERCEPTOR. Un petit nanar des familles qui pourrait passer pour le pilote de K-2000.
½ December 14, 2012
Boring, Confusing movie tries to be funny but isn't. There a lot of 80's movies that are WAY funnier than this like "License to Drive" for instance. Skip this garbage.
December 14, 2012
wow I loved this film, Charlie Sheen was great, it was better than what I thought, I thought it was a good film and I own it on DVD, it starred Randy Quaid (Dennis Quaid's older brother)
November 10, 2012
I used to watch this movie all the time. haven't seen it in yrs.
November 5, 2012
I can't seem to find this movie anywhere.
October 2, 2012
The "Fast and the Furious" of the 80's, with a touch of sci-fi.
½ September 23, 2012
Failing in logic, story and imagination.
August 31, 2012
I remember enjoying this movie a lot
½ July 18, 2012
great movie bad ass car
July 4, 2012
Seen this few times I love the cars lol
July 2, 2012
I like Charlie Sheen!
June 27, 2012
great 80's movie, AWESOME DODGE TURBO INTERCEPTOR
June 23, 2012
Pretty much a perfect movie.
½ June 20, 2012