Wreck-it Ralph - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wreck-it Ralph Reviews

January 3, 2017
An original and fun story for adults and for children, driven by the power of the individual to overcome predetermined labels
January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 1, 2017
An excellent, new and imaginative concept, provided with comedy and great storytelling (as usual from Disney!)
½ December 30, 2016
Wreck it Ralph is one of the best non-Disney animations of the last decade. It is funny, touching and it promotes themes against bullying and stealing. This is a very clever and original idea and I found the end very satisfying. Seeing the friendship develop between Ralph and Vanellope was enthralling but I did find some of the writing a little bit lazy but I can let it off for that.
December 28, 2016
An ode to classical video gaming, Wreck-It Ralph is one of those movies that bring the past and present together to create a new and interesting world in which any gamer would love to venture. Despite a rather predictable "emotional realisation" plot line, the film's many hidden references and lovable characters, both old and new, make this film fun for all the family!
December 26, 2016
Crisan spune ca I really gotta watch it
½ December 20, 2016
Wreck-It Ralph is one of the best video game movies of the entire decade. It is the Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Toy Story of video games. It had a solid story that is inspired by The Nightmare Before Christmas, colourful and creative animation, memorable characters, great humour, interesting cameos and great voice acting which were done by talented people such as John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer and Jane Lynch. It's a must watch for moviegoers and gamers all together. 4.5 out of 5 stars.
½ December 20, 2016
a tad overhyped but a little fresh.
December 19, 2016
Not a bad movie. Cute and cheesy. Great for kids good to watch once.
½ December 17, 2016
A movie for real fans of video games
½ December 15, 2016
Wreck it Ralph is the story of a villianin of a arcade game who decides that he wants too explore our of his game .wreck it Ralph is colorful and has a myriad of video game characters from actuall games it has great voice acting the only thing that is pragmAtic with it is that we spend way to much time in sugar rush zone and if we her a sequel I hope we get to see more worlds
November 28, 2016
Wreck-it-Ralph is clever, heartfelt, and smart enough to make anyone who watches it to fall in love with it.
½ November 27, 2016
John C Reilly and Sarah Silverman in a Disney animation with generous helpings of the pathos that always wins me over.
November 26, 2016
Wreck-It-Ralph is a cute movie with a charming cast, brilliant animation and sly in-jokes.
November 15, 2016
The film makes a good message of satirizing the cliche of heroes always heroes and bad guys always bad guys as well as its contradiction that villains are equally important as heroes for entertainment along with the combination of dynamic, opposite characters (Ralph and Vanellope plus Felix and Sergeant) all realizing that no matter how different they are looked upon they all have feelings and intentions of avoiding becoming social outcasts. One of the greatest Disney films ever made that contradicts the older Disney animated movies' cliche characters and plots and one of the greatest American movies ever made. Wreck-It Ralph is a victorious eye-candy and one Disney movie that is better than anything Dreamworks made.
November 14, 2016
One of my fav animated movies. Love The evil villain support group. If you're into video games You'll this movie. If you're not you also will too.
October 31, 2016
Wreck-it Ralph might have had too much in its plate... but it sure is one hell of a race track.
October 31, 2016
Loved this. A cartoon based on arcade games! Great little story
October 29, 2016
10/29/16
I'm gonna rate it! Wreck-It Ralph successfully does what many video game movies fail to do: tell a great story about video games in the context of a movie. Well, instead of adapting a video game's story, spirit, etc (like several have) Wreck-It Ralph does it differently: tell an original story about original characters, involve a few licensed video game characters here and there, and just have fun with the background video game references. We open with a montage of Fix-It Felix Jr. arriving at the arcade, and the changes around it over thirty years, narrated by Wreck-It Ralph (John C. Reilly) who is confessing to the bad guy support group how he feels after thirty years of getting the short-end of the stick. After getting some advice, Ralph comes back to his game where they're having a party! Skrillex DJing and Fix-It Felix (Jack McBrayer) getting praised while Ralph is not only not invited, but feared by his fellow NPCs (non-playable characters for you non-gamers out there) and guests like Pac-Man. After turning the party sourer than a sour ball, Ralph sets out to prove he can be the good guy, in a philosophical tale of coming to terms with who you are. It's fun how it hops from the simplistic 80s-style Fix-It Felix Jr. to the dark and gritty modern-style Hero's Duty, and to the cutesy 90s-style Sugar Rush, with references to so many real-life games just scattered throughout. The animation is gorgeous all around, whether they capture the 8-bit motion of the Nicelanders in Fix-It Felix in CGI, the gritty darkness of Hero's Duty, or the colorfully sweet brightness of Sugar Rush. Ralph is just trying to prove he can be a good guy (both the hero and a nice person), Felix is doing his job of fixing Ralph's wrecking, and they run into new friends: Vanellope (Sarah Silverman), a misfit "glitch" from Sugar Rush, whose sweetness and determination mirror that of Ralph, and Sergeant Calhoun (Jane Lynch), a tough, complex NPC from Hero's Duty who provides a hilarious contrast to Felix's soft and simple personality. Henry Jackman (with a little help from Skrillex) provides a great score that captures all the eras of gaming featured, but when genuine, intimate, character moments come up, it's volume zero to soft. Wreck-It Ralph is truly a genuine and funny animated classic from Disney thanks to all this, and provides a nostalgia trip for adults who played the referenced games (or see the similarities between the real-world games and the fictional ones here), a gateway to these for kids, and an excellent story all around.
11/2/13
In a time when originality feels nonexistent, one dares to go into the originality zone: Wreck-It Ralph. You've seen Disney make princesses, "super" dogs, time travel, fairy tales, fable adaptations... and a whole lot of other movies. Now, they step out of the adaptation zone, and bring their all to a movie about a video game villain trying to do good. As a video game fan, I found its references to video games well done. It also makes me question what happens inside my consoles when I'm not playing. Wreck-It Ralph is the freshest animated movie I've ever seen in terms of idea, plot, and characters. From the simple game of Fix-It Felix, to the apocalyptic, gritty world of Hero's Duty, to the bright, colorful Sugar Rush, Wreck-It Ralph is fun on every level, and shows how the bad guy may not always like being bad. It's well written and very witty when it comes to plot and characters. The animation helps too, with the most realistic CGI I've seen since Star Wars: The Clone Wars. It doesn't go overboard with the video game references, just shows some characters, and gives the well-known characters small parts, leaving the story up to the original ones. Henry Jackman provides his score, with a little help from Skrillex, and all the original dialogue just puts the icing on the cake. If you play video games, you''ll love all the nods to well-known games and franchises (Sorry Call of Duty, Hero's Duty is as close as you get). There's no denying this is the best of Disney, making it my number one animated movie, ever.
11/3/12
Best⦠Disney Animated Classic⦠EVER! It felt like an A-Bomb of joy and happyness went off in my brain. The visuals were glorious! The 3D worked! And all the video game references were funny, subtle, and placed correctly! There were references to every video game I know/played from Super Mario Bros. (With out the actual bros.) to Sonic the Hedgehog, to Street Fighter, to Mario Kart, Metal Gear⦠and even to video game violence itself, with Ralph's "When did Video Games become so violent?" line. It just goes to show how wizard Disney is at making and/or distributing movies! I hope they make a sequel. Not a DisneyToon Direct-to-Video sequel, but another, original, sequel. Finally, it was interesting how video game characters apparently have their own lives outside their game, and how It did what Toy Story did: make you wonder what's really going on behind our backs with seemingly inanimate objects. Does Clyde the ghost hold a bad guy support group in the center of Pac-Man? Can Fix-It Felix really fix ANYTHING? And will Ralph learn that you can be a bad guy, but still be good to people? Find out in Disney's Wreck-It Ralph!
October 12, 2016
my favorite animate movie ever