Wrong - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wrong Reviews

½ July 4, 2014
Funny, strange, unpredictable. An odd experience in an absurd world, that even succeeds in being full of life with what appears to be a meaningless story.
½ June 26, 2014
Very strange.
I like strange.
½ May 6, 2014
A strangely heartfelt absurdist farce. Just enough surreal metaphysical allusion to leave the viewer guessing as to whether it means anything or not. It takes a little while to get rolling but the strangeness is so self assured that the universe grows on you. And Stevie from Eastbound and Down eats dog poop.
May 4, 2014
Why are we watching a film about a strange man looking for his lost dog? Why is there a man who can see a turds last image? Why is this am actual movie? All these questions and more are never answered... Why? Because that is what happens when you watch movies by this guy. Nothing makes sense but yet it does.
This film does carry some interesting concepts about life and how we perceive things. It just tells us to look around and let go. In it's own way.
Does this review make sense? No. So don't expect anything more from a movie where a palm tree because a Christmas tree.
½ April 28, 2014
This is an #ohjizism for sure. ;)
March 18, 2014
"Wrong" is a trippy film with a very absurdist world view. It goes out on a limb and jumps up and down. Jack Plotnick is a tremendous actor and is very likeable. The rest of the cast was all very interesting and Quentin Dupieux directs an outrageously original film. "Wrong" is strange in so many ways, but offers many laughs along the way.
½ March 9, 2014
If lynch were to have directed napolean dynamite, it would be this movie
½ February 18, 2014
I thought it was always interesting throughout, and I enjoyed every second of it.
½ February 13, 2014
Quentin Dupiex's Wrong is one of the most polarizing films I've ever seen, It has a VERY specific type of humor, and it makes no apologies for it. The film concerns a man who loses his dog, but the plot swings wildly into other subplots each of which as random and 'funny' as the last. I put funny in quotations because you will either love the humor or hate it- and you can figure out whether you'll like it or not in the first few scenes, because that sets the tone for the rest of the movie. For me, it was refreshing to see a film that was well produced but didn't take itself seriously. I liked Wrong, but I'm not sure I can really recommend it based on how offbeat it is. 3.5/5
February 12, 2014
too bizarre for me and kinda boring
½ January 13, 2014
Surrealism and comedy blended together on a seemingly random series of events as we follow dolph in his search for his dog. The events are virtually handed to our protagonist, but that feels very intended. Once you look into the subtext and the imagery displayed, you see that there's a lot more than going on than meets the eye.
January 6, 2014
An absurdist masterpiece.
½ January 4, 2014
The whole movie made sense with the title. Esp. when your gardener tells you that your palm tree has turned to be pine tree which nobody knows why..
December 29, 2013
Steps on all notions of perdicibility and film school rules then goes straight for the audience to gauge how each scene will play out for there own. One of the most original movies this year.
December 24, 2013
Very strange but funny. I think it tried a bit too hard to be 'out there'.
December 23, 2013
Dupieux's second film, Wrong, seems to iron out all of the pacing problems he displayed in his debut film, Rubber, as its 94-minute running time zips by in a flash. The characters are funny, and Jack Plotnick is a perfect match for the sophomore writer-director. However, Wrong is still uncomfortably self-aware, and its characters don't have quite the same great charm as those in Rubber. What Wrong eventually presents though, is a funny, and very unique comedy that is not easily forgotten.
*2.5/4*
½ December 7, 2013
Quentin Dupieux (aka electronic musician Mr. Oizo) follows up his debut "Rubber" with another absurdist tale, this time about a man who loses his dog. Funny stuff but less sustained and more whacked out than the director's previous film which proves to be more exhausting than fully entertaining. Still this is a completely original film that's sure to become a cult item.
December 1, 2013
Come on people.. this was a creative flick. All through it I thought about the dreams I have. For example, last night, I come to work, never paid and its a room full of people, who never speak and have a smoke house inside.
I gave the flick a five on NETFLEX. I usually can stand formula, full of sex movies.
November 30, 2013