Wrong - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wrong Reviews

November 11, 2013
A strange piece in a weird way. It's mostly a realistic flick, but the things that appear are so random and absurd that you can't help but laughing. logic is nearly non-excisting here.

I won't go into the story in details here, but this is basicly a film about a man that can't find it's dog. We meet cool characters and we are served things that show Quentin Dupieux's creative, imaginative and spaced out mind. His last film, "Rubber" was not a big film for me, but he definatly has grown since then. This is just as pretty, but better as a whole, no big slip ups here. It's got a brilliant tone of colors and are beautifully filmed. One of the strangest flicks I have seen lately. It's artsy, still funny and relaxing. It looses it's strong, off beat flow for a while and turns pretty flat for a moment, that's very sad. Still it creates emotions, but they won't stay with me for a long time I'm afraid.

The problem with the film is that it won't bring much to you, it will not leave you with satisfying answers - or questions for that matter. Shut off your brain for a while and just watch this and enjoy it for what it is - a different, surrealistic experience.

8 out of 10 alternative paint jobs.
½ November 9, 2013
strange, but weirdly enjoyable.
November 8, 2013
Fantastically experimental and different in changing the way we portray movies. Throughout the film you are always trying to make sense of what is happening and if you really think about it, it is amazingly creative how it really makes sense.
November 1, 2013
Not a film that might be enjoyed by everyone, yet some might find a great deal of humor, ridiculousness and radicality in "Wrong".
October 25, 2013
Unpredictable experiment in surrealist humor that hits more often than it misses.
October 19, 2013
Another stylish, surreal trip with Writer/Director/Musician Mr. Oizo.
½ October 16, 2013
Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant!
½ October 12, 2013
A quirky dramedy about relationship, the kind of "not for everyone" comedy, but it works for me :)
½ August 23, 2013
There is a level of absurdity here so damned high and so damned powerful, it doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense. It crosses the threshold of being simple and into the realm of being absolutely bonkers but does so with glee. I am not mad about that.
August 20, 2013
Quite possibly the weirdest movie ever. Too weird to be liked or disliked in any conventional fashion. Not funny enough to be a bona fide comedy, but not serious enough to be a drama either. nothing in this movie made sense, but it was never designed to make sense. My grade: D
½ August 11, 2013
Solely for fans of Dupieux. If you didn't like Rubber, you'll dislike this even more.
August 9, 2013
Absurt , but best movie of this week !
August 1, 2013
Totally original and completely surprising film from the director of "RUBBER" that works far better. True to Surrealism but devoted to Absurdism as well, this film was well-paced and quite enjoyable.

Those expecting plot and "comedy" should avoid. But more adventurist viewers with a love for the strange will enjoy it immensely.

Plotnick is well cast as "Dolph" and the film pulls us into a unique journey of the mind and all the wrong turns it often takes. Great movie!
½ July 28, 2013
The worst movie I have seen since Death to Smoochy.
July 19, 2013
Makes no bloody sense as a complete movie. But that's the real art of it all. Dupieux makes the weirdest comedy plots possible. Just sit back and laugh at the ridiculousness of it all.
366weirdmovies
July 18, 2013
Dolph wakes up to find his dog missing; to find him he'll have to deal with a neighbor who's in denial about his own jogging, an overly-attached pizza delivery girl, a detective who focuses on finding the dog's stool sample, and other bizarre characters. Dolph keeps going to his job everyday despite the fact that the indoor sprinkler system runs constantly and he was fired months ago; all of the jokes are like Monty Python members' dreams, played straight. This style of comedy will be intolerable for many, but it's an interesting ride if you can get into the spirit.
½ July 16, 2013
Movie was absolute garbage for me to watch, only movie I've been compelled to write my thoughts on.
½ July 13, 2013
Another interesting movie from Quentin Depieux.
A guys dog is kidnapped as a part of a test of sorts by Dr.Chang. During this time random stuff happens with his gardener, his neighbour, the girl at the pizza place and some random cop.
Interesting visual style and random stuff happening made for a really fun watch.
July 7, 2013
The movie is totally WRONG
July 4, 2013
Horrible waste of 90 minutes. A completely unnecessary profanity-laden rant near the end was the final nail in the coffin of this extremely dumb movie. It appears to be made exclusively for the indie-film sect, because I don't get the appeal.