Wrong Reviews

• Dec 07, 2019

Hace un par de semanas revisando los nuevos torrents, vi un nombre de una película que me llamo la atención: "Wrong" Busco las reseñas y sin mucha más información, procedo a descargarla. Antes de verla reviso la ficha nuevamente y descubro que es el mismo director de Rubber. Mis expectativas suben rápidamente y a los 3 minutos de película me doy cuenta que estoy en camino a otra obra de arte absurdo y que mis expectativas serían más que llenadas

• Nov 23, 2018

I honestly didn't understand anything that was happening. This fact made me sad.

• Jan 19, 2017

3.7/5 Wrong doesnt that much to it beyond the almost impossibly unique vision of Quention Depieux, but that vision alone is what makes the film and absolute blast to sit through just to attempt to grasp at the insanity that it presents.

• Dec 24, 2016

Seems everything is wrong, but in a funny way. Surely a much better film than the previous one by the director. 'Rubber' had the innovation, but the type of dark comedy was not for everyone, especially not for me, though I appreciated the effort. I liked this one, it was simple and slow yet they knew how to end it. It had twists and turns, but the small ones. Plus, the actors were very good. So it's a decent indie film, feels like I might have rated it low. A man wakes up in the morning to find his dog gone missing. But as his neighbour advised him, he proceeds his rest of the day thinking the dog would come back and it does not. So he goes after some mysterious message and learns it has to do with his dog's missing. He follows all the instruction and waits for a good news, but what happens at the end is a little surprise. Apart from the snail pace which actually deliberately done, definitely the film can be enjoyed. Not easy to understand the meaning of the title, but that's what this film is about where everything seems wrong. If you decide to watch it, forget the logics, sit back and enjoy it. Because you won't see films like this everyday. I suggest it for those who are looking for a break from the regular comedies. 6/10

• Sep 23, 2016

For those of us who appreciate such things, this delightfully absurdist film is full of wit, and offers surreal commentary on the human condition which might even be considered thoughtful and perceptive.

• Sep 01, 2016

Wrong is weird in any sense, absurd, crazy and in a small portion funny. A certain style in the cinematography is withheld throughout the movie, with a personized frame-focus, blurring the world around the in-logical events which are occuring one-by-one. It creates its own universe, though not a too-tempting one.

• Oct 04, 2015

This is as close to "trying too hard" as one gets in movie form. I should have reviewed this right after watching, but I didn't. So not having watched it in a while, my memory was hazy. I really don't like his films it turns out. They try too hard to be weird. It's like a level above Wes Anderson of trying too hard, where Wes Anderson is all about apathy, this one's all about enigma. It's like those people who act purposely not funny and antagonistic since that's their shtick and you're supposed to recognize the irony of it and find it funny because of it. The trailer is misleading and that's what hurt it for me. I was expecting a mile/minute weird fest that only in the end would make sense. Instead, it was more like a snail's pace with too much set up to the joke and not a strong punch line, kind of annoying you in the process. It's a lot like Napoleon Dynamite, and that's not a compliment. That movie was garbage. It's a hipster movie, you know the types that try too hard, but are made to make the dumb people feel like their in on the intelligent joke since the joke is that there isn't a joke, which by the way isn't a joke, it's lazy. It's like the worst lazy person, who does so much to save time later, but wasted more time in the set up that he didn't realize he did more work to prevent doing work. These movies are hard to do, cerebral is a tricky beast, and this director hasn't mastered it.

• May 29, 2015

Quentin Dupieux's experimental film is something completely unique. It features a surprisingly committed performance in what can only be described as Surrealist take on modern life captured within a simple story of nice guy just trying to find his beloved pet dog. It is an odd, twisted, frustrating, funny and often disturbing journey that stand completely alone. Great film!

• Feb 27, 2015

I'm all for absurdist and experimental films but what's the point when there's nothing to say?

• Feb 25, 2015

I remember seeing this movie a few years back but don't remember much. I know I enjoyed it and was amazed by it.