The Wrong Guy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Wrong Guy Reviews

½ December 4, 2018
Memorable for its clever plot and endless belly laughs. The reversal of the classic greedy banker buying out the poor, suffering farmer was particularly brilliant. I'd give it five stars if not for a couple of duds in the cast.
October 7, 2015
This is one of the great undiscovered films of the modern era. And I'd say that even if I didn't write it.
½ May 8, 2015
Funny homage to Hitchcock that is really tongue- in -cheek.
½ December 11, 2014
Jones. Enema Bag Jones...
November 14, 2013
the very dry humor was worth the watch.
½ August 29, 2013
Its particular brand of shtick certainly wears thin (and may not work period for some) but it's actually very funny and intermittently clever.
July 15, 2013
"My name is Enema Bag...Enema Bag Jones."
Such a funny movie. One of my faves.
March 30, 2013
This is probably my favorite comedy, written by the lead Seinfeld writer, it captures the best comedy Dave Foley can have.
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to seeing!
October 19, 2012
I love Dave Foley! I've got to see this...
½ July 19, 2012
Three cheers to Canadian movies!
This movie toke me by surprise who'd guess for a cheap budget and half decent script it had me giggling through and through?
The wrong guy was a hoot, it's quirky dialog was light weight humored, if your a big fan of Kids in the Hall it's a sure thing you'll appreciate the small corks.
July 13, 2012
I rented this on a fluke and loved it. I laugh at every scene and it is eminently quotable.
July 4, 2012
it was an okay flick, it was funny a few times.
February 22, 2012
One of those "why haven't they thought of this sooner" type films that's full of uncommon humor.
January 10, 2012
Hilarious, classic Dave Foley stupidness...
November 24, 2011
If you want to laugh, watch this movie. It's just that simple.
June 12, 2011
I wanted to love this but I didn't. Could have been a work of genius if the script had a few more passes on it before shooting began. It sorta seemed hastily thrown together.
½ May 12, 2011
Drags on a bit too long, but pretty damn funny none-the-less.
May 11, 2011
Not mind-blowingly funny. More like mind-caressingly funny, but still pretty clever for a formulaic everything-goes-wrong-at-once comedian vehicle.
½ May 7, 2011
The film's various imitations of classic Hollywood film (from its Bond movie credits to an entire subplot based on It's a Wonderful Life) never quite attain either parody or homage. They simply remind us how much less impressive this film is than its models.