Wrong Turn Reviews

• 4d ago

Great movie, beginning was a bit corny with these stereotypes young adults going into hickville but quickly that didn’t matter and movie got very interesting and suspenseful. And finally a movie w a great ending.

• Jul 14, 2021

trying to subtly carry social commentary in a horror film is one of the hardest feat of the genre, and "wrong turn" almost (not close) succeeds but manages to takes the wrong turn as the climax deflates any positive attempts. as a result, the new "wrong turn" is just another unsuccessful sequel holding on by the attraction (if any left) of the original.

• Jul 10, 2021

78% 👍🏻 I'm sorry, I thought I was watching a Wrong Turn movie, but this movie was actually terrifying, well made and filled with great performances! Who tf knew?? Check out the full review here youtu.be/W7ceXRZ3QSs

• Jul 04, 2021

Dudes and Dudettes, watch this movie. It is sooo psycho, and at the same time f***ing awesome. I couldn't turn away. In truth I must admit I thought it would suck. Aren't I d***he for prejudging!

• Jun 29, 2021

WRONG TURN doesn't elevate itself above its genre but it mashes everything it has together into a cohesive story with some good wrong turns. I don't like jump scares in all m y horror movies because it is possible to be fatigued by all the little trickery movies have to set up to get a jump. Scenes in Wrong Turn 2020 mesh into a solid story with some hard core gore, doing it without jump scares. Movies w/more gore than this exist out there in the wide world. Wrong Turn gives definitive meaning to its gore. Maybe because the violence is over-the-top, some of the story elements and acting are overblown. Despite the occasional acts of ridiculousness, the movie as a whole creates a believable atmosphere and works well as a self-contained story. This film doesn't waste any scenes and the movie appears to have accomplished what filmmakers set out to accomplish. I haven't seen the original 2003 Wrong Turn (or any of the six sequels) and can't comment on how it compares.

• Jun 29, 2021

really corny writing, subtle but unnecessary politics, gaping plot holes. not sure how this is fresh.

• Jun 20, 2021

Really good watch, would watch again, and can recommend. This has very little to do with the original other than weird people hunting people in the woods. This movie surprised me quite a bit, I just didn't expect it to take the story form that it did. The cast all did a great job, and the story is well written in layers. The movie also does something I've noticed some movies have been doing somewhat recently where the movie ends, but continues with what feels like a new story, related to the first. Other movies have done this (though much more sloppily) in the past, but I feel like writers have started to do this on purpose, to very good effect. The movie is good at keeping the audience in the dark to what is going on, and being brutal with the characters in rather interesting ways. If you like slasher / horror at all, definitely give this a watch.

• Jun 20, 2021

A bit far-fetched and overly long. Not unwatchable, but certain parts do make you go WTF???

• Jun 20, 2021

Not your typical teens get lost in the woods movie! A lot more to it.

Not your typical teens get lost in the woods movie! A lot more to it.

• Jun 18, 2021

It takes a different path than the original series but it still offers some genuine creepiness. The characters were great and Matthew Modine plays his role very well.