WUSA - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

WUSA Reviews

April 23, 2015
good political drama
February 22, 2014
This film's only merits are capturing late 60's New Orleans and watching Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward. The film itself is heavy-handed and dated.
January 24, 2012
Whunh...? Too obtuse for me! I kept waiting for somebody to say something that didn't seem like a non-sequitur, but it didn't happen. One of the characters spends a lot of the movie asking, "What the hell is going on here?" and I shared his frustration. I knew I was in trouble when I saw at the beginning that it was based on a book called A Hall of Mirrors.
April 2, 2011
Deeply dark and cynical counterculture effort that often too on-the-nose for my tastes, but features an OUTSTANDING performance from Paul Newman, an actor who's such a great movie star that you often overlook what a truly gifted actor he was. He's surrounded by a stellar supporting casting standout performances from Anthony Perkins, Pat Hingle, and Cloris Leachman, but the highlight is Mrs. Newman - Joanne Woodward who proves once again that she was one of the most overlooked and under-appreciated actresses of her era.
½ December 15, 2010
an adjustment you can dig.
July 9, 2010
Pretty tedious drama takes a long time to get where its going, only towards the end even touching on some of the complex and compelling issues it raises. A great cynical performance from Paul Newman, but its not enough to make this muddled, snail-paced effort work.
½ June 9, 2009
An overlooked and mostly forgotten min masterpiece of social observation and political indictment and satire.