X2: X-Men United - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

X2: X-Men United Reviews

June 30, 2016
X2 is a carefully paced, morally interesting (strongest LGBT correlation of the series), and intensely awesome superhero outing. The way it combines both sides of the mutant teams without pandering to either is beautiful. Stryker is a great villain, with motive, a plan, and immense presence. The action scenes are staked, plot driven and cool. One of the best superhero films around.
June 24, 2016
Awesome good storyline
June 20, 2016
The political angle wasn't lost and the action was bigger and better. Bryan Singer is defiantly the king of the superhero genre.

F
June 17, 2016
This is everybody's favorite X-Men movie and granted I throughly loved it, but bigger does not always mean better in my book. Story's drive movies and this is good one, but I find it hard to say it's "better" than the first. Yes, some bits i enjoyed more, some a little less. Don't get me wrong, this is a badass film and any comic book fan will have to make this a must see.
June 15, 2016
This is one of the best X-Men movies. It showed really well how great the X-Men are at working as a team and playing off of each other's different powers. I liked the story of Pyro in this movie. He's always been one of my favorite mutants as far as the X-Men cinematic universes go. Nightcrawler is really good in this movie as well as Mystique. Rebecca Romijn is a way better Mystique than Jennifer Lawrence. You really get to see a lot more mutant powers in this movie than in the first one which is pretty cool. This is a movie that I have gone back and watched many times over the years. And I will continue to shall the future allow it.
June 12, 2016
If only the X-Men films could stay this good. Unfortunately, this is the best X-Men movie to come out, with the closest another movie has come since being Days of Future Past. This movie is always a pleasure to watch, and it gets better as time goes on.
½ June 9, 2016
With more characters, bigger, better action sequences, and a more intriguing narrative than its predecessor, X-2 is a significant improvement over X-Men.
June 7, 2016
X2 way better then the first one with solid acting , well placed action sequence, and very character driven . X2 provides us as one of the best Marvel films.
June 7, 2016
X2 couldnt stay away from what sequel movies usually do - being worse than its predecessor.
½ June 6, 2016
Striker and son ruin movie. Both ugly and terrible casting. Don't see the fuss that it was so much better. Colossus was cool, was fine until focused on Stryker. Night crawler was gay
June 5, 2016
I totally forogt how great this movie was! This is one of my favourite X-Men films. It starts off with a kickass scene of Nightcrawler invading the White House with effects that are still impressive to this day. That is one thing that this film has going for it. The effects and the action don't seem out-dated, they seem fresh. There is an action scene in the middle of the film where Wolverine just goes to town of some miltary soliders and I felt like I was a 9 year-old kid again. So it's got the superhero action, what else? Well, like the first film, the entire cast gives great performances and each of them have enough depth to make them interesting. William Stryker also made a great villian. Although Ian McKellen's Magneto is still in the film and has great screen presence, William Stryker held his own in this movie and although he isn't a mutuant, raised the stakes from the first film by a large amount. Overall, this film hits all the emotional beats that you want from a comic movie. Great characters that are interesting, good humour when it is needed, a slight bit of romance that fit and a compelling story with kick-ass action. The first X-Men film will get you introduced to all the characters and their powers, but X2 is the film that will have you at the edge of your seat!
June 4, 2016
Arguably Bryan Singer's masterpiece in terms of the X-Men series, X2: X-Men United is a fine good piece of comic book movie entertainment. Singer has proven that he can handle huge ensembles really well, and X2 probably has the best ensemble work of any of his films, X-Men or not. Between the Scott/Jean/Logan relationship, Wolverine and Stryker's history, the clashing Pyro and Iceman, Xavier's interaction with Stryker's son turned experiment, and the introduction of Nightcrawler, as well as the overarching plot with some fascinating social commentary, every character has their individual moment to shine and show their own growth as a character. That's ultimately the most important aspect of handling so many characters at once, and Singer nails it. The movie moves at a nice pace, slowing down for its character moments and speeding up during the action sequences. The latter are a blast thanks to solid choreography and visuals. The standout is the opening scene featuring Nightcrawler breaking into the White House: the breakneck pacing of the scenes lends to what is perhaps Singer's finest action scene, and that's really saying a lot considering his huge collection of them.

X2 is considered one of the best comic book adaptations ever, and for good reason. If it wasn't evident enough that Singer loves this lore and these characters, here's your proof.
June 4, 2016
The suspenseful X2 (X-Men 2) is definitely an improvement on the less action packed first instalment into the series. It got into things real quick and I loved the scene where striker invaded the school. Unfortunately after that it stopped getting excited and just started to drag on a bit, luckily in the last 40 Minutes it redeemed itself as the mutants and strikers army had a "war" against each other in a base. The special effects where also heaps better then X1, especially Mystique I don't know if that's because they didn't show her transform as much and they tended to hide it but it still worked well. Speaking of Mystique, Rebecca Romijn did an excellent job of portraying her, Aswell as once again Hugh Jackman as Wolverine/Logan. Overall this is a better sequel to X1 with heaps better effects and action. I give X2 a 7.5/10.
June 2, 2016
The best in the series!
June 2, 2016
...,¢,,¦,¢,,¦¢,¦oo...
May 30, 2016
Undoubtly the best in the X-Men saga, this is the movie that made me fall in love with the X-Men and, after all these years, it still holds up as one of the best super hero movies ever. Maybe it hasn't aged well in terms of special effects or direction but in terms of themes and script it's still the best X-Men movie, and that is saying a lot because the second trilogy was pretty amazing. Almost every single scene of this movie is iconic and Bryan Singer did an amazing job at giving every character the right amount of importance. In terms of X-Men movies this is the best one there is and is the one all of the others should aspire to beat.
½ May 30, 2016
X2 is a much better film than it's predecessor. The plot is stronger and more interesting, and the performances continue to be mostly strong. The characterizations remain weak, and the ending is infuriatingly inadequate.
May 29, 2016
By far the best Xmen movie yet.
½ May 28, 2016
Great X-Men movie, and great comic book movie! If you haven't seen it, it is highly recommended!
May 28, 2016
My personal favorite film in the franchise. This movie has some really good character development and action scenes (Wolverine at the school and the Nightcrawler White House scene) that made me want more. The film is also extremely smart for its time,by not baby feeding the material like other comic book films around its time. All of that together make this one of the best comic book movies of all time.