X-Men: First Class - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

X-Men: First Class Reviews

June 27, 2017
Plot was amazing. Effects were amazing. Almost, if not everything, was amazing. You do not have to be a X-Men fanatic to enjoy this movie (although you met get some of the jokes presented). It's a nice way of telling everyone how the X-Men started.
June 24, 2017
This movie put the X-men series back on track. Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy were great. The villain is actually pretty good.

8.5/10
June 20, 2017
i Love seeing James McAvoy (Professor X) Michael Fassbender (Magneto) play there characters so well it truly is a treat
½ June 20, 2017
This movie was better than all the other previous X-Men movies. However, it was not faithful to one of the key elements of the original comics. I would have liked the movie to include the mutants struggle for civil rights, which was notably absent. This adaptation chose to play it safe and put that people were unaware of the existence of mutants.
June 17, 2017
Better than The Last Stand, for sure. First Class's younger characters and sadly a lack of Hugh Jackman end up to overall good, even if we aren't seeing Wolverine kicking ass on the screen. Overall, First Class is a great time, with great acting, humor, action, but nothing that felt too over the top or unnecessary. This film is exactly how it should have been, and it exceeds marvelously as a great time.
½ June 10, 2017
Superb attempt at a reboot.
June 8, 2017
X-Men: First Class is so cool :)
June 6, 2017
One of those rare movies that you can watch over and over again
from start to finish it was purely AWESOME
June 3, 2017
McAvoy and Fassbender are phenomenal as the young Xavier and Magneto. They, along with a charismatic cast of young mutants, and Matthew Vaughn's directing (which always creates a sense of wonder) breath new life into a damaged franchise. The screenplay is also very diligent and has fantastic dialogue. First Class is arguably the best of the series.
½ June 2, 2017
The whole "confusing timeline" thing aside, X-Men: First Class has the hit franchise roaring back to life following 2 films that had some enjoyable action but were never truly compelling. James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender have great chemistry together with Fassbender doing a great job of portraying Erik Lenhsherr/Magneto, a troubled man who just wants to avenge his mother by killing the dude responsible for it...Kevin Bacon. The action sequences are exciting with the highlight for me being when Erik uses his powers to control metal chains to sink the villain's yacht. It manages to tell a story for events we already know are going to happen...like...you know...Xavier being handicapped...whilst still managing to remain suspenseful thanks to its script. Matthew Vaughn, thank you for helping make the X-Men great again.
½ June 1, 2017
X-Men is a franchise that has a subtext about minorities, but this movie manages to get the black character killed at the first opportunity (even though his superpower should've prevented him from dying) and treats most of the women (all demi-naked, at least once) like dependent of the white male protagonists, even though they're known to be quite independent, strong women, in source material. The movie is fun e well made but falters where it really matters.
May 30, 2017
This is what X-Men films should be. Strong character performances from McAvoy and Fassbender, as well as brilliant period directing from Vaughn, help this film stand above its fellow mutant-flicks.
½ May 30, 2017
I thought this was amazing! I enjoyed it so much my favourite x men film so far
May 13, 2017
X-Men: First Class is a refreshingly fun prequel that provides deep insight into its iconic characters and wonderfully utilizes its historical backdrop.
May 8, 2017
Not a huge fan of this franchise but this one is pretty damn good. Other than it's one of the least faithful to the source material of the decade.
½ May 7, 2017
Great rebirth of the X-Men franchise. This is largely the story of a younger, better looking, badass Magneto.
May 2, 2017
No I was bored watching this one it was not that great I thought
May 1, 2017
Can watch this film over and over and never get bored
April 30, 2017
Holy shit, this movie is really good.
½ April 30, 2017
The movie dragged on, but the plot was great.