X-Men: First Class - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

X-Men: First Class Reviews

April 22, 2017
So awesome! Great reboot for the saga!!!
½ April 15, 2017
After the travesty of The Last Stand and Origins: Wolverine, First Class revives the franchise from the brink of death. The performances are incredible, the action is fun and intense, the directing is Oscar-worthy, and the script is very well-written.
April 14, 2017
A solid super hero film that did its best to resolve the issues weighing down the x-men franchise, with a refreshing new cast and a compelling story. The villain however was a little lackluster and basic in terms of character.
April 11, 2017
This was a pleasant surprise after the fiasco that was "Origins". This prequel has stylish action, an enthralling storyline, and a well-rounded ensemble cast.
½ April 4, 2017
A fantastic prequel to the original trilogy of X-Men films, First Class introduces a new younger cast that absolutely has the ability to carry the franchise for years. McAvoy and Fassbender are wonderful as Professor X and Magneto and lead this fun new chapter in X-Men lore.
½ March 23, 2017
One of the better X-Men movies. The characters were all cool and good. The acting was a little strange, though. But the action was good.
March 19, 2017
A bold, fun, and extremely entertaining superhero flick!

Grade: A+
March 19, 2017
I loved it. I thing the score really helped pull the emotion of various scenes adding to the intensity, Michael Fassbender's accent seemed to go in different directions. Otherwise the film really put forward a touching, light heartted introduction to the X-Men's origins with plenty of humorous moments.
½ March 19, 2017
Unique directing and writing, X-Men: First Class is a memorable prequel that can stand out on its own.
Very interesting concept
March 18, 2017
Not bad, not bad at all. Above average X-Men movie but not as good as United. My Score: 70%
March 18, 2017
Hey a pretty good xmen movie. Much better than all the ones before it in my mind.
½ March 18, 2017
Everything you want from a prequel and then some.
½ March 18, 2017
Interesting and I think best X-men out of all 5. The acting was awesome. It also deals with personal issues and is beautifully photographed. Very very very very good!
March 13, 2017
My favorite x-men movie so far, it's one heck of a movie!
½ March 11, 2017
Nice to see a superhero movie returning to telling a story.

Great action, brilliant special effects and a first class cast. The movie fits nicely with the other X-films, while feeling fresher, younger and sexier.
March 10, 2017
Although there are some bad parts to this movie and some corny lines, I still really enjoyed myself while watching this movie, and was at the edge of my seat during most of the action. Although this movie didn't have The Wolverine in it, I was fine with it while watching the movie and didn't bring the movie down in any way.
March 10, 2017
A great X-Men movie that screams the 60s. A lot of fun.
½ March 9, 2017
With Matthew Vaughn at the helm, X-Men: First Class is a classy, fun time that brings the best out of it's strong cast. The action scenes and dialogue pop with a ferocity, and breaths life into a incredibly engaging storyline.