Ximbi Xombix Reviews

• 2d ago

Ximbi XombiX is a wild ride through art as it combines traditional film, VR, music, and so much more into a fantastic work. If this film was hanging in a gallery, on it's info card it would be listed as multi-media. As a non-traditionalist, I loved how the film took me on a journey through the art cosmos. Now don't get me wrong, this isn't some Warhol film that leaves you guessing if there's a story or point. Without giving too much away, the film tells the story of a band and their music... or to reference the aforementioned, the story of a band and their ART. Beyond enjoying the ride, the music for this film was AWESOME. Some of the songs even had a sort of a Sublime vibe. Totally a film worth checking out if you love the arts.

• Mar 25, 2020

Zombie movies are kind of like those statues you see in certain cities where they are all the same, but different artists decorate them in a way that reflects their artistic mind.  You have straight forward zombie (The Walking Dead), comedic zombie (Sean of the Dead) and cinematic zombie (World War Z) to name a few.  Enter Ximbi XombiX.  As the title suggests, it's unlike any zombie movie you've seen.  The K-Pop, Vudu, Virtual Reality zombie movie.  Indie film is the only medium that could take a stab at something like this, and these filmmakers did a fine job.  It's risky, innovative, and ultimately a successful foray into the zombie genre.  Like zombie movies?  You have to see this one. There's nothing else like it.

• Mar 22, 2020

I was hooked when I saw the poster for Ximbi Xombix that said it was "The Anti-Musical for Altered Souls." Hilarious. Now this movie might not be everyone's cup of tea, but for the right viewers (and myself) this is amazing. It's one of those movies where you can tell the filmmakers are really going for it, aren't trying to please everyone, and end up creating something truly different. Ximbi Xombix is a zombie movie and possesses a unique blend of voodoo, reggae K-pop, and VR that I don't think anyone has ever seen before. Check out the trailer. If you're having a hard time finding something original then give this a watch.

• Mar 12, 2020