X-Men - The Phoenix Saga - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

X-Men - The Phoenix Saga Reviews

May 2, 2009
Add a review (optional)...
½ March 10, 2009
Graphic Novel was way better
½ February 25, 2009
I want the entire animated series on DVD.
xtremeandy
February 16, 2009
everyone who actually watched these cartoons will find these episodes turned movie great and the action the story how it unfolds!1 and the turnarounds like a novel that later on in the series will be answered!! one of my favorite cartoons so of course is one of the best and the rating will be the best!! see it watch it!! enjoy it!!

Five episodes of the animated series on one DVD, The Phoenix Saga follows Jean Grey's transformation into the mysterious and powerful Phoenix. It's a tale full of internal conflict, feuding fa...( read more )mily members, and the sadness of sacrifice for the greater good. When Professor Xavier receives a psychic plea for help from an alien woman, he sends his X-Men on the next space shuttle to the Eagle One space station. They're greeted by a brute named Erik the Red, who's on a mission from Emperor D'Ken to destroy a rival's ship and take the M'Kraan crystal, which would give him unlimited power. The ship Erik the Red is supposed to destroy contains the emperor's sister, Lilandra, who is the one who established the psychic link to Professor X. Meanwhile, as Jean Grey pilots the shuttle back through the atmosphere to Earth, she is blasted by a burst of radiation that slowly changes her into Phoenix, the guardian of the M'Kraan crystal. The battle for the crystal becomes a battle for the safety of the universe. Family conflicts pop up throughout, from the sibling emperors, to Professor X fighting his half-brother Juggernaut, to Cyclops meeting the space pirate Corsair (who's actually his father). The action scenes at the end are not nearly as engaging as the story that sets them up, but stick it out because the final scene packs a wallop.
February 9, 2009
My all time favorite childhood cartoon series. This is what made me a fan of marvel. Compared to today's standards the animation isnt that good, but this is a classic series that is very awesome.
½ January 17, 2009
awesome. can't wait to see it again.
January 15, 2009
NO WAY.... STRANGE....NOPE
shesdownbytheriver
January 10, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested
December 3, 2008
no thanks I'll stick to the comics
November 5, 2008
first off it is not a movie but a collection of episode but they are good episodes
September 16, 2008
I remember seeing some episodes on TV when I was small...This is the best story arc in the X-Men series.
July 18, 2008
love the x-men..
x-men saga forever!!!
June 28, 2008
Can't wait to purchase this someday
June 28, 2008
I saw it a few years ago, I can't half remember it sadly but I know it rocked! XD Luckily I'm getting the series for christmas! So, I'll be able to watch it over and over!
June 17, 2008
I watched this a kid. It was awesome.

"Jean Grey must perish . . ."
June 7, 2008
i have such a hard time staying interested in most animated shows anymore..but the genre is up my alley, so maybe...not sure
June 6, 2008
One of the great sections of the animated series although not a match for the comic book saga it is still a great cartoon effort.
June 5, 2008
Might as well see it
May 23, 2008
would be cool to see it again
April 18, 2008
Best storyline in the whole comic series