Xun cheng ma (The Postman Strikes Back) (Patrol Horse) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Xun cheng ma (The Postman Strikes Back) (Patrol Horse) Reviews

½ August 27, 2011
I watched this simply for Chow Yun Fat, but I still didn't like this movie. It lacks any emotional punch by not having a lot of character development, and even though it has a solid cast it really never interested me. The fight scenes were handled well, and if not for the Wild Bunch homage I would have rated it lower.
August 30, 2009
This is the perfect early 80's melodramatic-action-brutality-and-injustice-packed chinese flick with lots of martial arts! All the actors are great and Chow Yun Fat is not the main character.
August 19, 2009
A HongKongese solid and large-scale action movie in Hollywood style. The story looks typical but turns out to be hard to guess what happens next. The biggest attraction of the film is its gorgeous casting - Kar-Yan Leung as the hero, Eddy Ko as the villain, and the later-biggest-stars Yun-Fat Chow and Cherie Cheung support them. Ronny Yu, who studied filmmaking abroad and now makes films in Hollywood, brings freshness to Hong Kong action film making. The detail settings - like enemies wearing skating shoes on ice or the Chinese Ninja villain - don't bother you much, if scenes with them are as carefully made as this film. I don't think this film is better than traditional HongKongese action films, but this film is definitely a unique one worth to watch.
June 17, 2009
Nice early effort from Ronny Wu has Chow Yun Fat in a co-starring role. Essentially a Kung-Fu road movie as a group of men travel to deliver a mysterious box to the leader of a rebellion, stalked by thieves, revolutionaries, and a mysterious ninja, the group soon learns the secret they carry. Good characters and action scenes, make this worth your viewing.
March 7, 2008
This is the type of movie that could use a remake, but wouldn't work today. A good story and good acting with a few surprises thrown in as well.
deano
½ February 10, 2008
Great epic adventure of heroism set in the early days of the Chinese Republic, this Hong Kong film is an engaging mix of drama, intrigue and red-blooded fight-action. I thought of Chow Yun-Fat and Leung Kar-Yan are the best fighters as two of four heroes who embark on a secret mission.