Yamakasi - Les samoura´s des temps modernes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Yamakasi - Les samoura´s des temps modernes Reviews

March 19, 2013
Has its moments, at those points when the movie stops taking itself seriously, like in one scene with a couple of guard dogs. The kind of pointless message weighs heavily on this movie though. The parkour scenes are nice, although with a bit much "look how cool we are", the rest of this thing, well, not so much. If you like running and jumping, this could be worthwhile.
½ August 17, 2012
It's a touchy situation, I liked the stunts they made and some of the cast are really hot. But not an overall good movie.
June 22, 2012
Great stunts and action makes Yamakasi as good as any of the Jackie Chan films.
½ March 29, 2012
Weak, very weak. Low actors, low storyline, low filming. I guess that if you like parkour this is for you but beside that. Not a must see for sure.
½ January 10, 2012
I like Luc Besson as a director because of his creation that he puts into his films. For some particular reason, if he is not directing, he writes the story for the film he produces and most of it ends up borrowing a familiar element from another story. Take a look at "Taken" and "From Paris with Love," as both borrow heavily from other projects; this film borrows heavily from the classic tale of "Robin Hood." There is actually nothing happening in this film and lacks the excitement that you want in a film about parkour. It's very simplistic, that lacks the creativity of Luc Besson and a deep storyline that can actually allow anyone to be entertained with this flick. You basically have to turn your mind off because of the simplicity; however, even as your mind is turned off, it would be quite hard to find this film enjoyable.

Possibly, the most disappointing thing about this film was the lack of parkour stunts. Parkour's are supposed to be breathtaking as you see these guys do high flying stunts without the use of wires. Not sure it's because of the blank plot, but there were not as much of these stunts than expected. If you have a film about parkour, but focus more on the story than portraying any of the free running, then you have a problem. Whenever you see them do these awesome acrobats, it is quite amazing; however, the film barely presents any and made the film less enjoyable.

Acting is not a major issue here, as the main actors are the actual Yamakasi members. These seven people are amazing at what they do, whenever you see them do their amazing stunts. The film tries to add some heart to the characters, but with the useless plot, adding heart really does not matter as you'll probably not care about these characters.

If a genie comes to you and grants you one wish, but that wish has to be something acrobatic related, chances are, many people will choose to be flexible and built to do parkour. With a pointless storyline and the lack of presenting what the film intended to be, this film is a huge disappointment. If you want a good parker movie, personally, "District B13," presented plenty of jaw-dropping stunts and was quite enjoyable than this film.
January 8, 2012
Amazing stunts, but the actors are just aweful and the story is really stupid.
September 7, 2011
First time to know parkour. Very like the jump !!
May 30, 2011
poor story, awesome actions!!!!:D the movie i started freeruning
April 20, 2011
The definite inspiration and eye-opening to my world of parkour.
December 5, 2010
Great adrenalin rush, but not a great plot :(
July 15, 2010
A great movie, I love parkour so it will affect my rating, but I think that everyone can enjoy this movie, lot of action and there are some funny french humor...10/10
June 26, 2010
>>tar siang ntn yamakasi,.. :))
½ May 26, 2010
It's a good movie! I don't know what, but something is missing here. However, it's better than the first story.
March 26, 2010
Minorities running away from the police.
March 21, 2010
Impressive parkour exhibition. I can't get enough of young men climbing the building like there is no gravitation law whatsoever. The plot is so-so but the skill.. geez, the skill...
March 5, 2010
A movie with esprit, speed and athletic group dynamic.
½ February 3, 2010
hyv├Ą ja hauska elokuva jossa on paljon hienoja temppuja